• The KillerFrogs

Alamo Bowl Game Thread

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QuilterFrawg said:
Just finished re-watching the game - thank goodness I added an hour to the end time! And followed along with this thread.  Quite enjoyable.  Although not nearly as enjoyable as it was being there, screaming our heads off.
I love this team!
Added 90 minutes and had 15 to spare ...

Frog-in-law1995

TopFrog said:
Added 90 minutes and had 15 to spare ...
Me too, but thought I'd only added 60. First thing I said to my wife after the game was that the DVR wouldn't have overtime, and I was pissed at myself until we got home yesterday afternoon and I fast-forwarded to the end. It was like a second Christmas.

TCURiggs

Frog-in-law1995 said:
Me too, but thought I'd only added 60. First thing I said to my wife after the game was that the DVR wouldn't have overtime, and I was pissed at myself until we got home yesterday afternoon and I fast-forwarded to the end. It was like a second Christmas.

Same here. I thought there would be no way the extra hour covered it, but it was perfect timing. 

frog-hat

frog-hat said:
Well I could see this coming a month ago................
31 point comeback, Triple OT, Bram Kohlhausen on the short side option for TD, and next play Corry OMeally with the pass breakup and the ref keeping his hanky in his pocket.  Unbelievable end.  I'm still just totally stunned.

Another day.Just as stunned. Still can't believe it. 

stbrab

Frog-in-law1995 said:
I'll find out later today when I get home...I know I added at least an hour, I'm thinking 90 minutes.

Frog-in-law1995 said:
I would've lost a LOT of money betting on a CDS game thread meltdown.
I suspect being at the game with the [ Finebaum ]e phone coverage and non existent wi-fi saved a number of folks from panic posting...not that a bit of it wasn't warranted in the first half

ShadowFrog

Moderators
PurplFrog - since I cannot quote (still) unless on mobile, lemme add a note for your next SA trip.  I have no experience with Randolph Q but if you can or want, try Lackland Q and specifically ask for the Kelly Club. It is the old O Club @ Kelly.  I stayed there when watching a friend grad Basic in June.  My first time there in Kelly & it was like walking into an old Stephen King novel - plush red carpets, HUGE oil paintings in the lobby of long dead generals with SWORDS on their belts, overstuffed chairs, etc.  Room was good - no complaints and the place was EMPTY.  Kept expecting some kid to come around the inside corner of the 2nd floor on a red tricycle saying RED RUM but other than that it was QUIET & very pleasant and a very empty parking lot,....as well as the base (old Kelly).  Driving around there was like driving thru an abandoned base which it is - such a waste of real estate.  Boeing took over one or 2 of the hangers and I think Lockheed has one too as well as maybe Bell but 90% of that place is empty parking lots though I did see one V-22 crew doing some engine runs.  Eerie but worth a look.

cdsfrog

Prince of Purpoole said:
I suspect being at the game with the [ Finebaum ]e phone coverage and non existent wi-fi saved a number of folks from panic posting...not that a bit of it wasn't warranted in the first half

I was waiting for this.
I had signal and was texting a few people.

I was definitely not perky but I had a ton of positive people around me making jokes in 128 that helped.

1st Half texts

1) Thank god for beer
2) This is horse [ Finebaum ]. It's my birthday. 2nd half has to be better

2nd half
Birthday mojo
and a bunch of thank you replies to people for my birthday present.

My goal is zero negative posts. Negative thoughts serve zero purpose, hell it makes me feel worse.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Shadow,

I've stayed at Kelly and you're right, it has an elegant older feel to it.  Randolph is similar...a former Army asset that the USAF gained in 1947.  Corps of Engineers laid them out and designed the buildings.  Dad trained there back in his day, so it speaks to me.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
I just reread the thread. I highly recommend yall do the same. Funny [ Finebaum ].

Edit: Sorry for all my "Let's go Frogs!!!" It seemed to work so did it as necessary.
(Not really sorry)

Rex Ringo

Rereading the entire thread start to finish as a way to relive the experience. Too many posts to count that I wish I could quote. I'm only to halftime and even though I know what's about to come I'm so low on the team. I forgot just how depressed I was at this point.

We were in the "Club" Section on far side from the band. Did we do the Alma Mater? Didn't hear it and didn't see the players come over and sing it with the fans.