• The KillerFrogs

Alamo Bowl Game Thread

Bayonnefrog said:
Dude you called it. Crap city, crap stadium this whole place blows
The last couple pages is what I've been saying for years about SA. Bug city, small time. They beefed up their hotel scene a few years ago but it's still severely lacking. I few years ago we went to a show in Helotes and my reservation got bumped. At 1 AM we drove to about 20 hotels and couldn't find a room. They said there was a convention with 4000 attendees in town and all the rooms were taken. 4000! We ended up driving to the Red Roof in San Marcos before we found a room.

OmniscienceFrog

Bayonnefrog said:
Also before the game did anyone else read an article from an Oregon home writer named Aaron Fentress? The title was "Oregon should dominate TCU..." here is a link

http://www.csnnw.com/ducks/oregon-should-dominate-tcu-todays-alamo-bowl

I'm on a phone so sorry for not embedding the link perhaps someone else can. Anyway this writer goes on and on about how Oregon is way better and the predicts a 20 point win. Gotta love the writers.
Good call Curt.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
LisaLT said:
I totally believe that. I'm staying at the omni and they refused room service over an hour ago because they were "backed up". Where are we - some third world country?So many frogs here and they are pissed off. You can't even order at the bar.
Pretty amazing for the second largest city in the state. I bet that wouldn't even happen in Little D!

frog-hat

Well I could see this coming a month ago................
31 point comeback, Triple OT, Bram Kohlhausen on the short side option for TD, and next play Corry OMeally with the pass breakup and the ref keeping his hanky in his pocket.  Unbelievable end.  I'm still just totally stunned.

Pharm Frog

frog-hat said:
Well I could see this coming a month ago................
31 point comeback, Triple OT, Bram Kohlhausen on the short side option for TD, and next play Corry OMeally with the pass breakup and the ref keeping his hanky in his pocket.  Unbelievable end.  I'm still just totally stunned.

Great recall on the pass breakup near the pylon.  Should be remembered.  And as for the officials, I'd have to check but I don't think they threw any laundry late.  They let them play (as it should be).

ReedFrawg

Mean Purple said:
All of you hoping they get fired up at half need a reality check. GP won't do that. He'll jump on them for mistakes and then say it is up to them if they want to play. Just like his refusal to quit leaving dbacks in single coverage. "They'll have to step up and make the play". 30 Freshman are playing games for the Frogs. They don't have that kind of experience.

Sorry, but this is on the coaches.
Love reading this thread today. Some real gems in here!

LisaLT

Moose Stuff said:
Tre's punishment for punching that cop should be watching this game over and over and over and over......
This post made me think of Clockwork Orange. I could just see Tre strapped down with his eyes pried open watching this game over and over (well just the first half as we now know) lol

PurplFrawg

Administrator
We stayed at the Q at Randolph AFB, and the staff could not have been more helpful.  Nice rooms, great price.  The rest of the game support in SA could not have been worse.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Just finished re-watching the game - thank goodness I added an hour to the end time! And followed along with this thread.  Quite enjoyable.  Although not nearly as enjoyable as it was being there, screaming our heads off.
I love this team!