• The KillerFrogs

Alamo Bowl End Zones

Smellslikeroses

Texada posted an Instagram story with the end zones in the background. Looks similar to the ones 2 years ago. Sweet.

Will Stanford’s just be a big tree?

Bob

Hopefully, Stanford's end zone won't show a peice of burnt toast depicting Texada and his fellow DBs being burned like they were against OU.

Limp Lizard

Hopefully, Stanford's end zone won't show a peice of burnt toast depicting Texada and his fellow DBs being burned like they were against OU.
Judging our defense against OU is as bad as judging it against Kansas. The last part of the season OU was blazingly hot, or at least Mayfield was. TCU only bad defensive games the last half of the season were against OU. I doubt anyone else could have done the damage OU did.

My concern against Stanford is with the offense. Enough 3-and-outs can make any defense look worse than it is.

Wexahu

Thanks for proving my point when I responded to a poster saying Texada was not burned all year. Gladney has been burned too this season but both em' are solid in the DB
Beat Stanford

Texada wasn’t “burned” by Lazzard, he gave up a couple jump balls because he was giving up about 8 inches on him. That’s still not good but it wasn’t like his guy was getting away from him. He played great all year, not sure how a CB could play much better.

FROG PARENTS 1961

Texada wasn’t “burned” by Lazzard, he gave up a couple jump balls because he was giving up about 8 inches on him. That’s still not good but it wasn’t like his guy was getting away from him. He played great all year, not sure how a CB could play much better.
No, he was burned. Lazard had 6 catches for 106 yards. 1st Q TD drive on a 3rd and 2...12 yards rec. for a 1st down at the TCU 39 Very next play a 22 yard rec to the 17.
Later in the 1st Q on a 2nd and 8 Lazard catches 24 yarder to the TCU 28
Early 2nd Q Texada is called on a huge pass interference taking the ball from a 3rd and 8 on the IS 20 to a 1st and 10 on the 31. Same drive Lazard snatches a 30 yard catch to the TCU 5.
I would call that a pretty tough half for RT so he was burned after all, but we can always count on the same group of posters here to like a post that that has no merit just because lol. And jump balls count as catches btw.