• The KillerFrogs

AIDS Quilt Event Check In

LVH

Who is all attending?

5Wh8La9.png

researchfrog

I saw the quilts at TCU 25 or so years ago. It was way more poignant back then. (Kids, if you're wondering why, watch the movies Reality Bites and ...And the Band Played On.) It's really hard to imagine they're still on tour, unless they've been co-opted to be about the continuing AIDS crisis in Africa, which seems doubtful.

tcudoc

YA, didn’t see any hatred, just some that couldn’t see paying high tuition for that type of core study. Hell, I can’t justify paying TCU tuition for any degree. First two years at community college then TCU makes it more affordable.
I took that route. It was way before tuition prices went through the roof. Got a 4.0 at TCJC and got a half scholarship. Made it extremely affordable as a married commuter who worked 30 hours a week as a fry cook/waiter to pay the bills.
I doubt that is a viable option these days.

researchfrog

Those are very true statements. My son will be a high school senior next year. Even though he'd be a fourth generation frog, without something along the lines of a chancellor's scholarship, he will probably end up at UT, UTD, or another safety school.

I took that route. It was way before tuition prices went through the roof. Got a 4.0 at TCJC and got a half scholarship. Made it extremely affordable as a married commuter who worked 30 hours a week as a fry cook/waiter to pay the bills.
I doubt that is a viable option these days.

Yeah, I think you'd have to pick between fry cook and waiter now.

Armadillo

Why does TCU have a "Department of Women and Gender Studies"?

I agree with Westsider...live and let live. But I think TCU, the campus and culture, is very different then it was back in our day. I was there from 1990 to 1994. Some of you are older. Some are younger. I think it's a very different place now.

BABYFACE

I agree with Westsider...live and let live. But I think TCU, the campus and culture, is very different then it was back in our day. I was there from 1990 to 1994. Some of you are older. Some are younger. I think it's a very different place now.
Very true