• The KillerFrogs

AGS Prime West Side Seats Will Be Occupied by Horns, Bears, etc.

Horny4TCU

I think this is a worthwhile solution - not a fan of +4. However, I still contend that ticket prices aren't artificially raised or at a premium other than west side lower bowl and clubs. If you look at stubhub right now there are great deals for just about every game other than Texas, which you can still buy for under $150, which is in line or lower than just about any big time college football game.

As someone who can't make a ton of games these days, it is traditionally nearly impossible to sell my tickets to any game, other than Texas/OU, for over $40. Where I differ from the OP is that I understand that is just the way it is. I will make every effort to sell at a price lower than face and then when I can't, which is inevitably always, I will give them away. It's amazing how many come out of the woodwork for free tickets.
Not trying to be a Richard, but if you can't sell something at certain price... that usually means the market values them at a lower price.

Hence, with less than 100,000 alum and 50,000 seats, we have more seats than we have butts that can make it to the games. By giving an individual +4 seats, TCU has created a consumer with three more asses than he needs. Inevitably taking three seats from actual fans, allowing TCU to create a false scarcity and supply keeping their prices higher for us Alums.

BWDFROG

I'll be honest, I don't really understand how this is possible. I had season tickets for like two years prior to the new stadium and sit at the ~20 upper deck west side, about five rows up.
It did happen. I even called the athletic office and made a complaint. A few days later Del Conte called me at my office and visited with me for about 15 minutes. After that conversation, I Gained great respect for him. The bottom line is it's all about money these days. They would rather have the money, than the faithful fans in the stands. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

netty2424

Not trying to be a Richard, but if you can't sell something at certain price... that usually means the market values them at a lower price.

Hence, with less than 100,000 alum and 50,000 seats, we have more seats than we have butts that can make it to the games. By giving an individual +4 seats, TCU has created a consumer with three more asses than he needs. Inevitably taking three seats from actual fans, allowing TCU to create a false scarcity and supply keeping their prices higher for us Alums.
Was reading the most recent TCU Magazine publication that came in the mail today, and there were like 3 pages of obituaries. We’re a little lighter this month, unfortunately.

jake102

It did happen. I even called the athletic office and made a complaint. A few days later Del Conte called me at my office and visited with me for about 15 minutes. After that conversation, I Gained great respect for him. The bottom line is it's all about money these days. They would rather have the money, than the faithful fans in the stands. Just my opinion.

It’s not that I don’t necessarily believe you, more so that you obviously had more points than me but ended up in a worse spot. Not sure if you overlooked seats, needed more seats together, or would rather sit on the 1st row at the 10 rather than the 5th row at the 20

HFrog12

No offense taken at all. Mind you I am not complaining that I can’t sell my seats, but they are always on the market for lower than cost, not including the donation add. So unless we are advocating that all the +4s relinquish their seats and that TCU offer them up at $20-$30 per seat, without donation, then I don’t see what alumni are going to buy them because that is already on the secondary market.

At some point it just doesn’t make any sense for TCU from a revenue standpoint if they forego taking money from +4 fans at double the price of what the example alum will pay for. I am by no means the smartest in the room, but look at the abundance of incredibly cheap tickets on stubhub. Alums should gobble those up first as it’s a way better value than getting season tickets like I did. Again, many times I have a hard time giving them away if it’s not UT/OU. So I have a hard time believing that there are, let’s say, 5,000 of our small population of alums that want those relinquished +4 seats, unless they are virtually free.

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

TCU has artificially raised ticket prices by utilizing the +4 system and decreasing supply. Add to that the need for points and individuals become self motivated to buy +4 even if they don't need them.

The only way to fix the system is to eliminate the +4 and priority points and truly make it an open market. Register TCU Alum and TCU Supporters and give them first dibs at season tickets, allow people to buy their previous year's seats, then let the rest go to tshirt fans and other team fans. I promise you the westside and eastside would be full of purple.
You can’t eliminate +4. It is not an ongoing system. It happened when we reseated the stadium and it ended then. It is over and done with.

Last edited:

PurplFrawg

Administrator
You can’t eliminate the +4 system. It is not an ongoing system. It happened when we reseated the stadium and it ended then. It is over and done with.
yogi-berra-it-aint-over.jpg

ifrog

So refreshing to hear someone bitching about West side tickets. What next? The tickets on the upper East side are spaced too far apart?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Wow. Just wow. Bad fan IMO. Bought tix not needed for the points snd now selling to whoever to make money. I thought TCU would buy them back to make sure they went to our fans. And I thought TCU was watching for people doing this, selling in stubhub.

Bruce Berry

Wow. Just wow. Bad fan IMO. Bought tix not needed for the points snd now selling to whoever to make money. I thought TCU would buy them back to make sure they went to our fans. And I thought TCU was watching for people doing this, selling in stubhub.

He is now part of the problem.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Let's talk about 2016. Steel had been a good season ticket holder for 20 years at that point. We went 2-5 at home that year, including the final 2 games we scored 6 points against OKST and KSU; and we lost to Tech at home, coach Bro. The unpaid college players continued to be unpaid, the head coach got a raise to about 5 mil, and TICKET PRICES FOR 2017 WENT UP 20%!

This was it for Steel; e-mailed Gary and Chris and said you people are smoking crack, and did not renew. Best decision Steel has made in a long time.

So now, when Steel wants to see a game (i.e., NOT when we play Arkie Pine Bluff, which is not football), can get whatever ticket Steel wants, usually below face price. Or, Steel can allocate the scarce resource that is money to go see a good away game, this year, OU. LOVE seeing us win at OU.

Anyways, yes--expanding a stadium when we have about 75k living alumni, if the idea is that we fill it with only TCU people (never happen), is dumb, but it is the nature of corporations and universities and cancer to continue growing--capital campaigns! We must always be building bigger, shinier, newer, etc because after all, this is capitalism and we are in competition and this is a 501c3 non profit eleemosynary organization organized not for profit motive but to further educate the little children...

PurplFrawg

Administrator
So now, when Steel wants to see a game (i.e., NOT when we play Arkie Pine Bluff, which is not football), can get whatever ticket Steel wants, usually below face price. Or, Steel can allocate the scarce resource that is money to go see a good away game, this year, OU. LOVE seeing us win at OU.
I can still hear the ticket office reseating promise in my ear, "If you don't get club seats, you can keep your old seats." (But first, give us $1,000 which is not refundable.)

BigPurple87

Actually, my 85 year old Hornedfrog buddy had another stroke and his eye sight got worse. Can't drive so his elderly wife now has to drive him. We played 9 holes on early Wednesday mornings up until April.

The other gentleman has a bunch of grandchildren and some new great grandchildren.

Neither were happy about not making the TCU home games, but life happens.

I wish I could see into the future as you suggest, but I'm a mere mortal.

Let me know when you come down from Mount Brilesbag to join the rest of us.

So you are not renewing them next year correct?

frogs9497

Let's talk about 2016. Steel had been a good season ticket holder for 20 years at that point. We went 2-5 at home that year, including the final 2 games we scored 6 points against OKST and KSU; and we lost to Tech at home, coach Bro. The unpaid college players continued to be unpaid, the head coach got a raise to about 5 mil, and TICKET PRICES FOR 2017 WENT UP 20%!

This was it for Steel; e-mailed Gary and Chris and said you people are smoking crack, and did not renew. Best decision Steel has made in a long time.

Anyways, yes--expanding a stadium when we have about 75k living alumni, if the idea is that we fill it with only TCU people (never happen), is dumb, but it is the nature of corporations and universities and cancer to continue growing--capital campaigns! We must always be building bigger, shinier, newer, etc because after all, this is capitalism and we are in competition and this is a 501c3 non profit eleemosynary organization organized not for profit motive but to further educate the little children...

I bet Gary was pissed that you didn’t renew.