• The KillerFrogs

AGS Prime West Side Seats Will Be Occupied by Horns, Bears, etc.

SportsJunkie

I never understood why anyone would sell their good TCU West Side Tickets to Horns, Bears, etc.

Now I know why.

I've had two 50 and two 40 yard line west sides seats for sale on the Ticket Forum since February 2019.

I'm asking face value for all 6 home games and I had no inquiries. Not one.

TCU season tickets on the 40 and on the 50 for face value. That's it. I'm done.

At lunch today one of my ticket family Heads of Household picked up his 4 seats on the 40 in the armchairs. He sat and stared at me when I told him that he'd be sitting next to whoever bought the last two in his row on Stubhub. Probably a Longhorn, Bear, Mountaineer wearing a Davey Crockett hat, etc. He's got a son that is a Sophomore at TCU and a daughter starting next year so he needs his 4, but can't really afford the other two season tickets.

Why you may ask?

Nobody wants TCU West Side Season Tickets. I guess the shade on the new East Side is just too appealing.

So, Monday, all my good tickets go on Stubhub. I'll make money on the deal, but that is not why I bought my TCU tickets prior to the renovation and definitely not what I wanted.

Nobody on this forum, except for Wes, DD, Steel, and myself (Brewingfrog and Zebra Frog are on the bubble - I kid), are allowed to complain about the moron dressed in the Burnt Orange Cowboy outfit sitting on the 50 waiving his Burnt Orange Hat while screaming the Eyes of Texas.

Everybody loses their right to complain. Everybody!

That is all!

Serenity now!!!!!!!!

I'll buy some tickets from you. Where is this ticket forum at? That's my excuse. I do need to find a new ticket source this year.

Tom Brown

I just gotta say, good on that 85 year old sitting in the west side upper deck. Impressive.

There are a few things that make the OPs post so ridiculous. A few of which I view as a systematic demand issue that TCU will never be able to solve. They don't necessarily have to do with the +4 system which can be argued in circles on how to fix.

1. TCU has a 50,000 seat stadium with less than 100,000 living alumni. We all know these stats but it's worth repeating.
  2. Right now I can go on stubhub and pick out tickets to every game in Froglaws section or better for less than he is listing and sometimes can get much better deals closer to game time depending how TCU and that opponent is doing. Which brings me to my next point.
  3. If there is such a long list of people who want season tickets in the entry 400 or endzone range then they should just go stubhub. TCU season ticket holders (with the exception of clubs and WSLB) grossly subsidize tickets for potential TCU attendees. My assumption is that just because they didn't get season tickets doesn't mean they just wont find a way to go to the game. Point being, the market for TCU fans in less premium seats will always be there on the secondary market just by statistics of supply and demand. Which leads to...
  4. If you do not have tickets in the club or other premium areas then quit bitching about not being able to sell because there will always be better value. I have lived this life. I have 4 on the east side with the most convenient lot 6 parking listed right now for $120 on the other forum. I think that is a hell of a deal but don't feel any angst about someone not pulling the trigger. I will end up donating to the new military system before its all said and done.
  5. To piggy back off of point 4, I have found that TCU fans are incredibly cheap. There will be tons of tickets listed on stubhub for under $15 dollars but as soon as I say I am giving them away on KFC 5 people will jump at the offer. Lots of fans expect to go for free.
I've got young kids and live out of town so I can't make a lot of games but want to have the opportunity to always use them. I will always try to get value out of them but if I can't I will make sure Frogs are in the seats.

So good on the OP for listing his tickets at face. But spare me when you can't sell them to Frogs. Premium seats aside, there is too much supply and not enough Frog fans out there for them. Come back here or through your networks and try to sell them game by game. If you can't and you really care about Frogs in the stands then donate them through some avenue.

Final points - hopefully yall quit reading my garbage by now. Agree with maniac that there needs to be a better way to get longtime season ticket holder in lower west bowl and other premium seats, but someone had to pay the big bucks. What I disagree with is the idea that all of the "lesser" seats would get picked up by new season ticket holders if they were released. Those same people could get way better value year to year on stubhub.

Purp-esque

nwlafrog

I'll buy some tickets from you. Where is this ticket forum at? That's my excuse. I do need to find a new ticket source this year.

https://forum.killerfrogs.com/index.php?forums/ticket-exchange-forum.23/

Suh Dude
InexperiencedAcceptableHarrier-size_restricted.gif

Horny4TCU

TCU has artificially raised ticket prices by utilizing the +4 system and decreasing supply. Add to that the need for points and individuals become self motivated to buy +4 even if they don't need them.

The only way to fix the system is to eliminate the +4 and priority points and truly make it an open market. Register TCU Alum and TCU Supporters and give them first dibs at season tickets, allow people to buy their previous year's seats, then let the rest go to tshirt fans and other team fans. I promise you the westside and eastside would be full of purple.

Also, Froglaw should keep the tickets and give them to his employees or coworkers in promise they wear purple, then write off the amount of the gifted tickets at the end of the year as a work expense.

StinnettFrog

I have been buying two seats a year since 1998 and when my wife can’t go with me I take a TCU fan for free. Now I’m not a TCU alum I just adopted the team when I moved here in 92. I understand it’s all about money but I used to have seats on the 8th row at the 35 yard line on home side. Renovation got kicked to lousy seats because of lack of priority points no problem but I was sitting with TCU alums and even former players who had been in those same seats for 40 years who also got the boot. It is pretty crappy to see those seats empty or with opposing teams fans behind our team now. Can’t imagine it’s very motivating for the players either.

HFrog12

TCU has artificially raised ticket prices by utilizing the +4 system and decreasing supply. Add to that the need for points and individuals become self motivated to buy +4 even if they don't need them.

The only way to fix the system is to eliminate the +4 and priority points and truly make it an open market. Register TCU Alum and TCU Supporters and give them first dibs at season tickets, allow people to buy their previous year's seats, then let the rest go to tshirt fans and other team fans. I promise you the westside and eastside would be full of purple.

Also, Froglaw should keep the tickets and give them to his employees or coworkers in promise they wear purple, then write off the amount of the gifted tickets at the end of the year as a work expense.

I think this is a worthwhile solution - not a fan of +4. However, I still contend that ticket prices aren't artificially raised or at a premium other than west side lower bowl and clubs. If you look at stubhub right now there are great deals for just about every game other than Texas, which you can still buy for under $150, which is in line or lower than just about any big time college football game.

As someone who can't make a ton of games these days, it is traditionally nearly impossible to sell my tickets to any game, other than Texas/OU, for over $40. Where I differ from the OP is that I understand that is just the way it is. I will make every effort to sell at a price lower than face and then when I can't, which is inevitably always, I will give them away. It's amazing how many come out of the woodwork for free tickets.

netty2424

Got to see a video of the ticket box certain donors receive their tickets in. Pretty kick arse. Very nice touch by ADJD & Co.

Let’s just say they aren’t wire bound at kinkos like the rest of us.

BWDFROG

I have been buying two seats a year since 1998 and when my wife can’t go with me I take a TCU fan for free. Now I’m not a TCU alum I just adopted the team when I moved here in 92. I understand it’s all about money but I used to have seats on the 8th row at the 35 yard line on home side. Renovation got kicked to lousy seats because of lack of priority points no problem but I was sitting with TCU alums and even former players who had been in those same seats for 40 years who also got the boot. It is pretty crappy to see those seats empty or with opposing teams fans behind our team now. Can’t imagine it’s very motivating for the players either.
Same story here. Had upper deck, 50 yd line, 8th row for 15+ years. Never missed a game. New stadium came along, and down to the 10 yd line. Looked back to where I was setting, and seeing other colors than purple. Stayed on the 10 yd line for 2 years. Now I stay at home and watch on TV.

jake102

Same story here. Had upper deck, 50 yd line, 8th row for 15+ years. Never missed a game. New stadium came along, and down to the 10 yd line. Looked back to where I was setting, and seeing other colors than purple. Stayed on the 10 yd line for 2 years. Now I stay at home and watch on TV.

I'll be honest, I don't really understand how this is possible. I had season tickets for like two years prior to the new stadium and sit at the ~20 upper deck west side, about five rows up.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I'll be honest, I don't really understand how this is possible. I had season tickets for like two years prior to the new stadium and sit at the ~20 upper deck west side, about five rows up.
Also, with that many years there would have been enough points to move.

Metropolis777

I never understood why anyone would sell their good TCU West Side Tickets to Horns, Bears, etc.

Now I know why.

I've had two 50 and two 40 yard line west sides seats for sale on the Ticket Forum since February 2019.

I'm asking face value for all 6 home games and I had no inquiries. Not one.

TCU season tickets on the 40 and on the 50 for face value. That's it. I'm done.

If you really want to sell them to Frogs, try the Horned Frog Ticket Exchange on Facebook before you put them on Stubhub.