• The KillerFrogs

AGS Prime West Side Seats Will Be Occupied by Horns, Bears, etc.

BigPurple87

I never understood why anyone would sell their good TCU West Side Tickets to Horns, Bears, etc.

Now I know why.

I've had two 50 and two 40 yard line west sides seats for sale on the Ticket Forum since February 2019.

I'm asking face value for all 6 home games and I had no inquiries. Not one.

TCU season tickets on the 40 and on the 50 for face value. That's it. I'm done.

At lunch today one of my ticket family Heads of Household picked up his 4 seats on the 40 in the armchairs. He sat and stared at me when I told him that he'd be sitting next to whoever bought the last two in his row on Stubhub. Probably a Longhorn, Bear, Mountaineer wearing a Davey Crockett hat, etc. He's got a son that is a Sophomore at TCU and a daughter starting next year so he needs his 4, but can't really afford the other two season tickets.

Why you may ask?

Nobody wants TCU West Side Season Tickets. I guess the shade on the new East Side is just too appealing.

So, Monday, all my good tickets go on Stubhub. I'll make money on the deal, but that is not why I bought my TCU tickets prior to the renovation and definitely not what I wanted.

Nobody on this forum, except for Wes, DD, Steel, and myself (Brewingfrog and Zebra Frog are on the bubble - I kid), are allowed to complain about the moron dressed in the Burnt Orange Cowboy outfit sitting on the 50 waiving his Burnt Orange Hat while screaming the Eyes of Texas.

Everybody loses their right to complain. Everybody!

That is all!

Serenity now!!!!!!!!

You are actually the problem [ Arschloch], renewing tickets you do not want so you can sell them

netty2424

In all honestly, I never even think to look anywhere else on this forum other than the Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum.

Nor would I be interested in beefing up someone else’s priority points which in turn minimizes my chances of moving/improving my own seats.

What is the face value of 50 yard line west side lower bowl seats?

Bob Sugar

Bob on fire in this thread. Literal LOL
AppropriateMildGalapagossealion-size_restricted.gif

froginmn

Fair questions.

Both questions assume a fact (I purchased tickets I did not need) that has not been established by the evidence. Objection, your Honor. SUSTAINED.

There were two other TCU grads who ASKED me to use my priority points to get them good seats after the renovation. We formed a ticket partnership for those seats.

One man is now 85 and cannot make the games anymore (he can't drive to FW from Dallas).

The other is in his late seventies, a retired DOC preacher, and he has other monetary needs. The tickets no longer fit in his budget.

So their tickets are for sale.
Your Honor, I'd like to read back two parts of Froglaw's testimony.

He started out saying that the tickets no longer fit into his friend's budget, which clearly indicates that his friend was the buyer and the one harmed.

Then, he said this:

"So, Monday, all my good tickets go on Stubhub. I'll make money on the deal, but that is not why I bought my TCU tickets prior to the renovation and definitely not what I wanted."

I'd like Mr Froglaw to answer this question:

If his friend can no longer afford the tickets HE purchased this year, and "their tickets" are for sale, why would Froglaw make money on the StubHub sale?

HFrog12

I just gotta say, good on that 85 year old sitting in the west side upper deck. Impressive.

There are a few things that make the OPs post so ridiculous. A few of which I view as a systematic demand issue that TCU will never be able to solve. They don't necessarily have to do with the +4 system which can be argued in circles on how to fix.

1. TCU has a 50,000 seat stadium with less than 100,000 living alumni. We all know these stats but it's worth repeating.
  2. Right now I can go on stubhub and pick out tickets to every game in Froglaws section or better for less than he is listing and sometimes can get much better deals closer to game time depending how TCU and that opponent is doing. Which brings me to my next point.
  3. If there is such a long list of people who want season tickets in the entry 400 or endzone range then they should just go stubhub. TCU season ticket holders (with the exception of clubs and WSLB) grossly subsidize tickets for potential TCU attendees. My assumption is that just because they didn't get season tickets doesn't mean they just wont find a way to go to the game. Point being, the market for TCU fans in less premium seats will always be there on the secondary market just by statistics of supply and demand. Which leads to...
  4. If you do not have tickets in the club or other premium areas then quit bitching about not being able to sell because there will always be better value. I have lived this life. I have 4 on the east side with the most convenient lot 6 parking listed right now for $120 on the other forum. I think that is a hell of a deal but don't feel any angst about someone not pulling the trigger. I will end up donating to the new military system before its all said and done.
  5. To piggy back off of point 4, I have found that TCU fans are incredibly cheap. There will be tons of tickets listed on stubhub for under $15 dollars but as soon as I say I am giving them away on KFC 5 people will jump at the offer. Lots of fans expect to go for free.
I've got young kids and live out of town so I can't make a lot of games but want to have the opportunity to always use them. I will always try to get value out of them but if I can't I will make sure Frogs are in the seats.

So good on the OP for listing his tickets at face. But spare me when you can't sell them to Frogs. Premium seats aside, there is too much supply and not enough Frog fans out there for them. Come back here or through your networks and try to sell them game by game. If you can't and you really care about Frogs in the stands then donate them through some avenue.

Final points - hopefully yall quit reading my garbage by now. Agree with maniac that there needs to be a better way to get longtime season ticket holder in lower west bowl and other premium seats, but someone had to pay the big bucks. What I disagree with is the idea that all of the "lesser" seats would get picked up by new season ticket holders if they were released. Those same people could get way better value year to year on stubhub.

Casey T

Oh, so you bought tickets that you thought you needed, but now you don't and want to sell them to a TCU fan.

Strange!

Waiting for some better name calling than ****hole and Sapient.

1. Owning season tickets and being gone for one game is not even close to the same as the ridiculous [ Finebaum ] you posted

2. Sounds like the two guys who bailed on you are the ones to blame, not us. Either you can be considerate to them and their unfortunate circumstances and take the financial hit yourself (and get the tix in a frog fan's hands), or you make them pay for the tickets and they can figure out how to recoup the losses

Bruce Berry

So let's break this down.

-In past seasons, you purchased 2 extra seats for buddies so that they could could have better seats.
-You knew before renewing your season tickets that these 2 buddies would no longer be using those season tickets anymore.
-Despite knowing this ahead of time, you decide to renew all of your season tickets, including the 2 that you knew would not be used instead of opening up those seats for another TCU fan that would have bought and used them on their own account.
-You post those extra tickets for sale on a website message board that attracts diehard TCU fans... fans, that as diehards, most likely already have their own season tickets.
-As one would expect, of all the diehard TCU fans that already have their own season tickets, no one wants to buy your extra tickets... the tickets that you intentionally bought despite knowing you didn't need them.
-And to top things off, you have the audacity to come on here with your self-righteous, Baylor-esque tone and tell us how this is our fault and that we now have zero right to complain.

With all due respect, go darn yourself.

Preach.

Any post ending with "with all due respect, go scheiss yourself" is solid in my book.

XIIFrog

Late to the party and haven’t read the entire thread, but most people on here likely already have season tickets and don’t need to buy yours so that you continue to rack up points, even at face value.

If you have more tickets than you need, drop them. Us non-club season ticket holders hope for opportunity to upgrade our seats every year while building priority points, and ticket hoarders prevent any meaningful upgrade movement from happening.

Drop the good seats you aren’t using, and let other loyal season ticket holders have the opportunity to move into those seats.

Putt4Purple

I never understood why anyone would sell their good TCU West Side Tickets to Horns, Bears, etc.

Now I know why.

I've had two 50 and two 40 yard line west sides seats for sale on the Ticket Forum since February 2019.

At lunch today one of my ticket family Heads of Household picked up his 4 seats on the 40 in the armchairs. He sat and stared at me when I told him that he'd be sitting next to whoever bought the last two in his row on Stubhub. Probably a Longhorn, Bear, Mountaineer wearing a Davey Crockett hat, etc. He's got a son that is a Sophomore at TCU and a daughter starting next year so he needs his 4, but can't really afford the other two season tickets.

Why you may ask?

Nobody wants TCU West Side Season Tickets. I guess the shade on the new East Side is just too appealing.

So, Monday, all my good tickets go on Stubhub. I'll make money on the deal, but that is not why I bought my TCU tickets prior to the renovation and definitely not what I wanted.

Nobody on this forum, except for Wes, DD, Steel, and myself (Brewingfrog and Zebra Frog are on the bubble - I kid), are allowed to complain about the moron dressed in the Burnt Orange Cowboy outfit sitting on the 50 waiving his Burnt Orange Hat while screaming the Eyes of Texas.

That is all!

Serenity now!!!!!!!!

This

Now I know why.

Why you may ask?

That is all!

Serenity now!!!!!!!!

Now I know why.

Why you may ask?

That is all!

Serenity now!!!!!!!!

And because of your arrogant and entitled attitude, you probably believe you should go in and out of the stadium to have a beer without buying one. Now your having a (Hillary C.) fit! That is your real main beef against TCU. Admit it!! Go Frogs!

Last edited: