• The KillerFrogs

aggies gonna aggie

Chongo94

Takes me back to this glorious post calling us "iPhone Killers"

LLkUJMb.jpg

Sums up an Aggie 1000%

UnderToad

At the TCU Baylor game last Saturday I was thinking about Baylor's Rose Bowl banner in their practice facility. Where did they even get that? Did they call up the Rose Bowl and ask to buy one? Or is it completely fake?

And if it's fake, did they hire someone to make it or was it made in house by the art department or whatever?

Hope somebody does an open records request to see what Aggie spent on the fake plaque.

netty2424

I predict this will come back to bite the Aggies on the ass. This looks very much like a win-at-all-costs edict. NCAA rules, student-athlete welfare, etc., be damned.
Couldn't agree more. Jimbo sold his soul when he signed this contract. There is no doubt this is a bought and paid for Championship or die scenario. Win at all costs.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Couldn't agree more. Jimbo sold his soul when he signed this contract. There is no doubt this is a bought and paid for Championship or die scenario. Win at all costs.

I don't agree with this. What is his incentive to win a championship? Another ten year deal for over $100 Million? I think Jimbo's big contract has the opposite effect. He gets paid regardless unless he does something afoul of NCAA rules. Knowing that, I would run a squeaky clean program. Why put all that cheddar at risk? If you run a squeaky clean program, how will aTm get top recruits? They won't. This isn't Ohio State, USC or Alabama. If I only win 8 games a year and get fired, I have my retirement covered. I laugh all the way to the bank. If I am aggressive, pushing the envelope to get top recruits, keeping them happy and maybe fracturing a rule or two, my downside as a coach is huge.

flyfishingfrog

I don't agree with this. What is his incentive to win a championship? Another ten year deal for over $100 Million? I think Jimbo's big contract has the opposite effect. He gets paid regardless unless he does something afoul of NCAA rules. Knowing that, I would run a squeaky clean program. Why put all that cheddar at risk? If you run a squeaky clean program, how will aTm get top recruits? They won't. This isn't Ohio State, USC or Alabama. If I only win 8 games a year and get fired, I have my retirement covered. I laugh all the way to the bank. If I am aggressive, pushing the envelope to get top recruits, keeping them happy and maybe fracturing a rule or two, my downside as a coach is huge.
I don’t think it’s Jimbo that is of the mindset to win at all costs. However I do think the overall athletic program and their boosters are now in the mindset of win at all costs after shelling out all that money

I have close friends that are A&M grass I have basically all that said exactly that –that they put half their chips in the middle to get the coaches so now they Better go all in on the pot to make sure they win the game

GeoFrog

At the TCU Baylor game last Saturday I was thinking about Baylor's Rose Bowl banner in their practice facility. Where did they even get that? Did they call up the Rose Bowl and ask to buy one? Or is it completely fake?

And if it's fake, did they hire someone to make it or was it made in house by the art department or whatever?

Hope somebody does an open records request to see what Aggie spent on the fake plaque.
Probably, same place this came from.

Smellslikeroses

Baylor said that the banners were bowls they could play in any given year. #TruthDontLie

froginmn

I predict this will come back to bite the Aggies on the ass. This looks very much like a win-at-all-costs edict. NCAA rules, student-athlete welfare, etc., be damned.

It seems like y'all are unfamiliar with Jimbo and FSU. He sold his soul long before coming to A&M. He covered up all kinds of stuff, and was in charge during the Jameis debacle.

Plenty of FSU fans held their noses while he was there, which is saying something.

Bob

Reminds me of my freshman year when I wrestled for A&M before transferring to TCU (Back then it was Texas Christion). There were some middle eastern students who were expelled because they used their dorm suite bathroom facilities for a worm farming enterprise. I guess you could call them Taliwaggies today.

Chongo94

Reminds me of my freshman year when I wrestled for A&M before transferring to TCU (Back then it was Texas Christion). There were some middle eastern students who were expelled because they used their dorm suite bathroom facilities for a worm farming enterprise. I guess you could call them Taliwaggies today.

giphy.gif