• The KillerFrogs

AGCS East Side Expansion Update - new website and revised renderings

flyfishingfrog

It is a way to support the school that is not $3 million for 10 years. TCU needs to be ready for 2024 and contributing to projects like this helps. A Hunger Games is coming for the Power 5 schools again soon and TCU wants to be ready. You have to make the investment and show the commitment to be ready when the moment comes. We are showing that we are all in.
More than most realize because about that same time - there is significant drop in the number of college age kids starting.

2025 will see a pretty large drop in the number of high school seniors and therefore Universities will be competing even harder for both top students and top athletes since there will just be less of both in total

Plus add that fewer kids are playing football every year anyways due to health concerns and it could get interesting for all schools that have a big portion of their identity around football about the middle of the next decade

TCUdirtbag

More than most realize because about that same time - there is significant drop in the number of college age kids starting.

2025 will see a pretty large drop in the number of high school seniors and therefore Universities will be competing even harder for both top students and top athletes since there will just be less of both in total

Plus add that fewer kids are playing football every year anyways due to health concerns and it could get interesting for all schools that have a big portion of their identity around football about the middle of the next decade

I’m not totally convinced about this “fewer kids” thing. Yes I know people are having fewer kids these days but a lot higher percent are going on to college, too. Would be interested to see numbers though.

flyfishingfrog

I’m not totally convinced about this “fewer kids” thing. Yes I know people are having fewer kids these days but a lot higher percent are going on to college, too. Would be interested to see numbers though.
Trust me it’s true - it’s a major concern for our admissions office and a specific area that Boschinis office is building a plan of attack round

The drop correlates directly to the recession that began 2007 that resulted in less kids being born

We are going to try and raise under grad to 9500 at a time where less kids are applying and showing up

They wouldn’t be worried about it if it was not real

Last edited:

TCUdirtbag

Trust me it’s true - it’s a major concern for our admissions office and a specific area that Boschinis office is building a plan of a track around

The drop correlates directly to the recession that began 2007 that resulted in less kids being born

We are going to try and raise under grad to 9500 at a time where less kids are applying and showing up

Interesting. I’ll buy the short-term drop being a concern given the way our enrollment has increased as number of college enrollees nationwide increased and our profile moved up. Guess it was incomplete for me to think about the long term without accounting for how much our enrollment and academic profile have gone up in recent years.

What does make sense is we have been bringing in high quality enrollees from places like CA where, (1) the recession hit hard, (2) high in-State admissions standards send a bunch of their students out of state, and (3) assuming the recession effect was bigger in states harder hit by the recession, then there will presumably be more room in those in-State schools for residents, leading to fewer seeking out of state options.

LeagueCityFrog

Trust me it’s true - it’s a major concern for our admissions office and a specific area that Boschinis office is building a plan of attack round

Thanks Obama.

Brog

Thanks Obama.

Explain, please, what Obama has to do with this?

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.

Thanks Obama.

Lol

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
thanks-obama-tray.gif

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Thanks Obama.

A little sensitive...

Smitty

What's happening in 2025?

LeagueCityFrog

Big XII schools Grant of Rights deals are about up. New TV deal would be needed. Merry Go Round with the conference chairs could start again. UT and OU will be sniffing around. My gut says Big XII still around post 2024, mainly due to the Pac 12 not making as much money as the Big XII and expanded travel times and expenses going to the west coast every other weekend. That would get old after a while. Maybe Del Conte and friends in Austin helps and either pulls the Arizona schools our way or maybe re check the temperature of Colorado and Nebraska again.

Big Frog II

Big XII schools Grant of Rights deals are about up. New TV deal would be needed. Merry Go Round with the conference chairs could start again. UT and OU will be sniffing around. My gut says Big XII still around post 2024, mainly due to the Pac 12 not making as much money as the Big XII and expanded travel times and expenses going to the west coast every other weekend. That would get old after a while. Maybe Del Conte and friends in Austin helps and either pulls the Arizona schools our way or maybe re check the temperature of Colorado and Nebraska again.
Nebraska isn't coming back regardless of what they do in football. Some of the PAC 12 teams might.

flyfishingfrog

at some point in the few years before that or during that year the GOR and realignment dance will come up again around conference realignment.

And from 2007 - 2011 birthrates dropped every year sobthere will be less 18 yr olds in 2025 to attend college

netty2424

Any chance this is directly correlated to our tuition being eleventy-million dollars now? Not everyone can or wants to pay that.

flyfishingfrog

Any chance this is directly correlated to our tuition being eleventy-million dollars now? Not everyone can or wants to pay that.
Yeah - higher tcu tuition caused a 7% reduction in the birth rate across the country for 5 years during a recession

You guys that complain about TCU tuition do realize we have the highest levels of applications and percentage of accepted kids that show up on campus in HISTORY of TCU - right?

netty2424

Yeah - higher tcu tuition caused a 7% reduction in the birth rate across the country for 5 years during a recession

You guys that complain about TCU tuition do realize we have the highest levels of applications and percentage of accepted kids that show up on campus in HISTORY of TCU - right?
Oh got it. So there are no other factors that can cause an application reduction, none. Except birth rate.

Not sure why you're so defensive about application numbers. Your bonus tied to it?

It was actually a serious question, not a complaint. I can tell you right now, I would not have applied to TCU for $50k/year. Wouldn't have had the resources.

Honestly, it's not worth $200k. Maybe that could be the complaint you're looking for.