• The KillerFrogs

Advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFroggin

There aren't too many things that bother me, but coming to the website today my above banner advertisement was of the brand "Wet" - "a sex lubricant".

If we are trying to make this website professional (we can't post scantily glad women anymore - i believe), then how is this advertisement professional?

I'd prefer to feel more comfortable about leaving this website up around family and even the workplace if possible. These advertisements keep this from happening.

Anything we can do about this?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(McFroggin @ May 16 2009, 09:20 AM) [snapback]330402[/snapback]
Anything we can do about this?

Use a good ad blocker or use the site's Go Adless option.

goldenfrog

Yeah, I was a little surprised. I know the Mods have sent out messages about keeping Avatars and photos appropriate, oh well.

bullfrog69

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ May 16 2009, 11:01 AM) [snapback]330417[/snapback]
Haven't seen it using Mozilla / pop up blocker?

with these kind of ads, i know a lot of us will have to be super careful at work or not access this site at all until we get home. at work, that sex lube ad would be picked up and blocked and then reported to management :ph34r:

Houston Frog

Personally, I couldn't care less about what the advertisements say, although I can understand why some would be offended. I do think it's a little bit of a double standard though, considering I was told to get rid of my avatar that was a picture of "The Jesus" from The Big Lebowski cleaning his bowling ball because it was inappropriate.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
What?? I haven't seen that ad? Give me some specifics and I'll get that damned thing off this site.

We shouldn't be served that kind of tripe.

****UPDATE*****

I just emailed our ad company and told them to remove that from our inventory and then give me an explanation as to why it was on there in the first place. That kind of ad was not among the types of ads that I selected for this site

I still havent seen it so if it appears, would someone click on it and give me the name of the company that it is linked to?

Thanks

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
QUOTE(Houston Frog @ May 16 2009, 11:20 AM) [snapback]330422[/snapback]
Personally, I couldn't care less about what the advertisements say, although I can understand why some would be offended. I do think it's a little bit of a double standard though, considering I was told to get rid of my avatar that was a picture of "The Jesus" from The Big Lebowski cleaning his bowling ball because it was inappropriate.

Who told you that? PM me with the answer

researchfrog

It's appropriate for children now. I saw an ad for KY, one of their enhancement lubes, on broadcast television. If the FCC approves, it must be safe for KFF.

Young and Horned

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ May 16 2009, 11:20 AM) [snapback]330422[/snapback]

That is too bad Houston. That was truly one of the better avatars on here.

As for the advertisement, already bought three different flavors haha. Kidding. Agree that this would be something to prevent accessing from work.

researchfrog

QUOTE(wes @ May 16 2009, 03:21 PM) [snapback]330467[/snapback]
Oh my Lord. Thanks for posting that link for me. This is just unacceptable

It is. Kiwi-strawberry? The strawberry by itself didn't work so well.

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(Apep @ May 16 2009, 03:51 PM) [snapback]330472[/snapback]
It is. Kiwi-strawberry? The strawberry by itself didn't work so well.

I'm not a big fan of Kiwi or Strawberry. Give me Cherry or Lemon-Lime.

Chongo94

what's this about being more professional? I've been off the site for a few months basically as i got really busy.

What are the new stipulations regarding avatars?

Has endzone come back or something? :blink:

researchfrog

QUOTE(Chongo94 @ May 16 2009, 06:19 PM) [snapback]330495[/snapback]
what's this about being more professional? I've been off the site for a few months basically as i got really busy.

What are the new stipulations regarding avatars?

Has endzone come back or something? :blink:

If endzone was back, avatars of children would be banned. As long as you got the grown ones, it's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.