• The KillerFrogs

ADJD Says "Probable" that only 50% or 25% for Football

atofrog

Contributor
Probably the only person who shouldn’t be on ignore

Haha! I’m going to make this into a sign and hang in my house for wife and kids to read each day.

My goal since joining in 2012 during initial reseating period was to help answer questions and dismiss rumors or concerns. Hopefully that is what each post has done. You won’t see me in non-ticket threads.

Go Frogs!

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
ATOFrog,

I bought tickets on my own account after being associated with some friends for several years. I was told a few weeks ago during the purchase that I would be able to buy a parking pass during the upgrade portion. Will I have that opportunity? I'm going forward like there is a season, and if not, I'll just take the credit for next year.

TCUdirtbag

Point being. TCU could have executed the same plan and still allowed upgrades. They would have just had to let the people opting out for this year participate too.

A lot of people already renewed by now. To take away people’s ability to upgrade after the fact is pretty [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]ty by TCU. Especially if they don’t allow those people to retroactively Reverse their renewal.

Get the scheiss over it. You don’t have to whine like a little entitled [ hundin] after EVERY SINGLE thing. There’s a little bit going on the world, which doesn’t revolve around you, btw.

atofrog

Contributor
ATOFrog,

I bought tickets on my own account after being associated with some friends for several years. I was told a few weeks ago during the purchase that I would be able to buy a parking pass during the upgrade portion. Will I have that opportunity? I'm going forward like there is a season, and if not, I'll just take the credit for next year.

Good move on your part and something we always try to encourage. This protects you in case the other person decides to quit buying tickets.

Yes, give us a call and we can find a space that was not previously sold. Please know that options in prime lots or spaces are not going to be available. But we can certainly look and try to find whatever is best for you.

Thanks for your support!

Go Frogs!

HFrog1999

It’s been 8 years. The statute of limitations has surely run on this particular cause of being-insufferable.

Still not back into comparable seats. I’m close though, that’s why I was looking forward to an upgrade this year.

Yes, I’m picky about my seats. I love football and like to be able to have a good view of the game. I also want to be able to sit with fellow TCU fans and not visiting fans buying plus 4 tickets

tcumaniac

Glad to see the emails we sent have been received. As mentioned by someone else, 2 versions were sent. One to those that HAVE renewed and separate one to those that have NOT renewed. I hope the info below helps answer any questions or concerns.

1. Deadline extended to June 22.
2. Must renew by deadline I f you want to be included in whatever seating capacity plan is implemented.
3. Several scenarios are being reviewed. Obviously the longer we can delay, the better the odds to reduce impact on season ticket holders.
4. If you do not renew for 2020, you will still have option to renew in 2021. But you will not be included in seating plans for this season.
5. Upgrades will not take place because of timing, uncertainty on capacity, fans being allowed to keep seats in 2021....
6. If the only reason you renewed was to make sure you kept your seats for 2021 or wanted to upgrade or TCU changed the rules on you....feel free to call the ticket office before June 22. We will refund you,
7. Anyone renewing will actually be getting priority points that non renewals will not for the 2020 season. Ultimately improving your priority rank for future upgrades next season or other sports.

We realize this is a very difficult and confusing time for everyone. Believe me, we prefer normal procedures as much as everyone. But this season is unique and requires some patience and flexibility as we try to figure out what is “normal” this year. We have all seen how much it changes weekly if not daily.

I would encourage patience as we work together. I am certainly no health expert and cannot make any guarantees, but I truly believe seating options will work out much better than the doom and gloom vibe currently being portrayed.

Thank you for your continued support and understanding during this very fluid process. We look forward to seeing everyone back on campus this fall.

Go Frogs!

ATOFrog-

First of all, I just wanted to say that I think you're a tremendous person and I've been nothing but impressed by every interaction I've ever had with you.

I apologize if I come across as a whiny [ hundin] on here. I sometimes get caught up in my emotions and this is the first place I come to vent, but I truly am appreciative of the hard work and thoughtfulness that goes on behind the scenes in the ticket office, and I've enjoyed getting to know you and others from the ticket office team over the years.

Admittedly, I was chomping at the bit and excessively excited for this year's upgrade process. After two disappointing seasons in a row, coupled with the fear of Covid -19 and more people releasing good seats that were moving to the East Side Club, I had high hopes that this year would present the best upgrade opportunity since the stadium was resat. Assuming football gets played this year, I fully expect the Frogs to bounce back with a really impressive season that leaves us poised and ready to legitimately compete for a championship in 2021. Point being, I thought this upgrade window was going to be pretty favorable to loyal fans and leave short sighted fair weather fairs kicking themselves in 2021 for dropping their seats. Assuming TCU has a great season this year (which I obviously hope they do), I think there will be a lot more people renewing tickets in 2021 that otherwise may dropped them going into this season, which will ultimately hurt the upgrade inventory for those that were still planning to renew this year no matter what.

From my limited perspective, it seems like allowing some kind of upgrade process for those that decided to renew this year would have been a great way to show some appreciation for those that ultimately do renew. I get that under the newly released policy, holding the upgrade process would have been fairly futile due to everyone having access to their 2019 seats in 2021 whether they renew or not, therefore resulting in no new inventory being released. But based on the working upgrade link that I clicked on a few minutes ago in my Frog Club account that appears to show real time inventory based on current renewals, it looks like a good amount of people already renewed, but may have released some of their tickets. These are prime upgrade opportunities that may not be available anymore if TCU has a great season and people rethink their initial intention to drop them like they were planning to this year.

Feel like TCU could have given people the option to: 1. Renew 2. Opt out of seats for a year or 3. Simply not renew and officially release their seats. This would have at least created some amount of new inventory and allowed for some upgrade opportunities.

But I digress. I realize the world doesn't revolve around me, and I'm sure my suggestions would have been far more difficult to actually implement than I have the ability to appreciate.

Thanks for listening to my vent session. I may or may not need to seek some kind of counseling.

With love,

Your favorite pain in the ass.

Pharm Frog

ATOFrog-

First of all, I just wanted to say that I think you're a tremendous person and I've been nothing but impressed by every interaction I've ever had with you.

I apologize if I come across as a whiny [ hundin] on here. I sometimes get caught up in my emotions and this is the first place I come to vent, but I truly am appreciative of the hard work and thoughtfulness that goes on behind the scenes in the ticket office, and I've enjoyed getting to know you and others from the ticket office team over the years.

Admittedly, I was chomping at the bit and excessively excited for this year's upgrade process. After two disappointing seasons in a row, coupled with the fear of Covid -19 and more people releasing good seats that were moving to the East Side Club, I had high hopes that this year would present the best upgrade opportunity since the stadium was resat. Assuming football gets played this year, I fully expect the Frogs to bounce back with a really impressive season that leaves us poised and ready to legitimately compete for a championship in 2021. Point being, I thought this upgrade window was going to be pretty favorable to loyal fans and leave short sighted fair weather fairs kicking themselves in 2021 for dropping their seats. Assuming TCU has a great season this year (which I obviously hope they do), I think there will be a lot more people renewing tickets in 2021 that otherwise may dropped them going into this season, which will ultimately hurt the upgrade inventory for those that were still planning to renew this year no matter what.

From my limited perspective, it seems like allowing some kind of upgrade process for those that decided to renew this year would have been a great way to show some appreciation for those that ultimately do renew. I get that under the newly released policy, holding the upgrade process would have been fairly futile due to everyone having access to their 2019 seats in 2021 whether they renew or not, therefore resulting in no new inventory being released. But based on the working upgrade link that I clicked on a few minutes ago in my Frog Club account that appears to show real time inventory based on current renewals, it looks like a good amount of people already renewed, but may have released some of their tickets. These are prime upgrade opportunities that may not be available anymore if TCU has a great season and people rethink their initial intention to drop them like they were planning to this year.

Feel like TCU could have given people the option to: 1. Renew 2. Opt out of seats for a year or 3. Simply not renew and officially release their seats. This would have at least created some amount of new inventory and allowed for some upgrade opportunities.

But I digress. I realize the world doesn't revolve around me, and I'm sure my suggestions would have been far more difficult to actually implement than I have the ability to appreciate.

Thanks for listening to my vent session. I may or may not need to seek some kind of counseling.

With love,

Sounds like your best hope is that the Frogs have another bad year...

atofrog

Contributor
ATOFrog-

With love,

All good. It’s always difficult when things change or has uncertainty. We appreciate feedback as it helps us improve.

I wouldn’t put too much stock into the upgrade link you mentioned seeing. It is a template for testing purposes only. It is not live or accurate.

See you at games this fall.

Go Frogs!

HFrog1999

I've been moving forward from the stratosphere 2 or 3 rows a season and starting to like my seat. If the Frogs winning means I don't upgrade I'm ok w that. I do still get annoyed w/ all the people in red who have better seats than I do.

If we are able to have 100% attendance this fall, then I would imagine the seats which weren’t renewed for 2020 will be sold on an individual game basis. So there will be even more visiting fans in the best seats while season ticket owners are still in the nosebleeds.

TCUdirtbag

If we are able to have 100% attendance this fall, then I would imagine the seats which weren’t renewed for 2020 will be sold on an individual game basis. So there will be even more visiting fans in the best seats while season ticket owners are still in the nosebleeds.

Would truly be the worst thing to happen to the world this year. Premature thoughts and prayers.

HFrog1999

Would truly be the worst thing to happen to the world this year. Premature thoughts and prayers.

Welcome to my ignore list

Over the past five years, I’ve lost my Mom, my Father in Law, my wife’s been shot, my Dad and Mother in Law have gotten cancer, and I’ve lost 2 jobs. I know what it’s like to have bad things happen.

I think you’re a self righteous jackass

giphy.gif

HToady

I'm going to be very disappointed if TCU uses these limitations to make extra money by assigning quotas by priority points. If you can pay your way to get all of your tickets versus someone who can't, that gets nothing, that ain't right.

Been a regular season ticket holder for 40 years but still couldn't get the same number of bowl tickets as I have season tickets.

If I have 8 tickets then 2 is 25% and 4 is 50%. If it doesn't work that way and I get less, then I'm done.

TCUdirtbag

Welcome to my ignore list

Over the past five years, I’ve lost my Mom, my Father in Law, my wife’s been shot, my Dad and Mother in Law have gotten cancer, and I’ve lost 2 jobs. I know what it’s like to have bad things happen.

I think you’re a self righteous jackass

Oh no, not the ignore list!

Sorry for your recent, tough experiences. But imagine if those things manifested in the form of empathy and showing just a little bit of grace for others going through tough stuff too, instead of incessant whining.