• The KillerFrogs

ADJD and GP

Mean Purple

Might play well internally. Externally, not so much.
Coaches are going to stand up for each other.
And who knows, may ISU is a world beater (unlikely) or maybe it is just normal struggles of a freshman qb and this game plan we see is awesome (even though other teams are better with a true freshman).

flyfishingfrog

Jeremiah has done a good job as AD but like many bosses he gets credit for stuff he didn’t really have as much to do with as people think (schloss staying) and gets blamed for things he has almost no real control over (who our head coaches keep or hire for their staff)

But no JD is not in a true position to dictate terms to GP beyond the technical fact that he is his “boss”

I don’t think anyone can honestly ignore the idea that JD got the job so quickly largely because our head coaches collectively didn’t want someone upsetting the apple cart with a new agenda

He is a good guy but wasn’t qualified if we really wanted someone to lead us in a new direction

And any other AD would have looked at the stature of our big 3 coaches and almost definitely tried to mark his territory somehow

flyfishingfrog

Tweet was deleted. What was it?
a picture of an old leather recliner and a set of bleachers with the comment that guys that coach from both of these are undefeated

Peebley liked it also - and I can understand our coaches backing each other for sure.

It wasn't wrong obviously in actual fact - it is easy to second guess from the cheap seats - but it was a bit ridiculous for a coach of a college baseball team that requires support from fans to call out those fans for voicing a less than happy opinion of the any coaches work or the teams results.

I am actually not sure why any coach, player or frankly the family of a player/coach would ever actually be on social media themselves to begin with - you should never believe the hype and need to be able to ignore the negativity.

Use it only to promote your team and support recruits/players and put a layer of separation from the "fans" by allowing one of your staff that is not emotionally involved do it for you.

Last edited: