• The KillerFrogs

ADJD’s BIG and NEW Game Day Announcements!

Eight

Can someone clarify the no in/out deal with beer sales?

Why would they not allow that? Worried about people drinking in stadium, binging at half outside the stadium, and then drinking more in the stadium?

Just confused on what the issue is, sorry if I'm missing the obvious

well.....if the point of selling beer was to generate revenue and people are able to drink their fill before the start of the game, watch for 90-100 minutes, sober up a bit, run back to the barking lot at half and drink from the coolers for free at half i imagine that would put a damper on beer sales.

not far off a restaurant not allowing you to bring in outside food.

frogs9497

So there is no clear evidence of beer sales? I honestly don't even know why he will bother saying 20+ more things given that none of them matter more than that.

Baseball-beer-spill-sorry-bro.gif

tcumaniac

Why would they not allow that? Worried about people drinking in stadium, binging at half outside the stadium, and then drinking more in the stadium?

I have no idea, other than I've always heard it was a liability deal that is done by all schools that sell alcohol across the country. Still don't understand it.

BankerFrog

well.....if the point of selling beer was to generate revenue and people are able to drink their fill before the start of the game, watch for 90-100 minutes, sober up a bit, run back to the barking lot at half and drink from the coolers for free at half i imagine that would put a damper on beer sales.

not far off a restaurant not allowing you to bring in outside food.

I mean I get what you're saying but that still doesn't fully make sense. They will still be generating revenue from beer sales then from not allowing them at all. People will leave at half come back and buy more beer.

BankerFrog

I have no idea, other than I've always heard it was a liability deal that is done by all schools that sell alcohol across the country. Still don't understand it.
Yeah I think this makes more sense than the 'revenue' issue. I'm guessing it is more of a "liability" because then the bartenders in the stadium have less knowledge of how much you drank maybe?

Eight

I mean I get what you're saying but that still doesn't fully make sense. They will still be generating revenue from beer sales then from not allowing them at all. People will leave at half come back and buy more beer.

i am sure the liability that maniac mentions will play into it.

from a risk management perspective the carriers want to see certain steps are taken in an attempt to control over consumption so restricting the back and forth in reality might be token at best, but in the spirit of it all might fulfill the schools obligation.

HFrog12

Yeah I think this makes more sense than the 'revenue' issue. I'm guessing it is more of a "liability" because then the bartenders in the stadium have less knowledge of how much you drank maybe?

This makes sense at a hypothetical level and I guess a legal level. Realistically there will be thousands of people getting beer and multiple vendors and people working the concessions. There won't be much accountability by single bartenders and specific fans; nonetheless, I see your comparison. You are already crossing a liability threshold by serving beer in the stadium. I don't think there is a step change in liability by allowing people 20 min at halftime to drink at the tailgate. Which is exactly why people can't get back in their seats on time in the 3rd quarter. There is only one reason to leave the stadium at halftime and that's to get an adult beverage. The other would be if you have young kids and they need a break from the action.

When I sit on the east side I will leave at halftime to get a beer at a close tailgate and be back in my seats on time for 2nd half kick. When I sit on west side UD I forego the halftime beverage bc its not worth making the trek for a beer or two. If they served beer in the stadium I would never leave. I assume there are many in the same boat.

Dogfrog

i am sure the liability that maniac mentions will play into it.

from a risk management perspective the carriers want to see certain steps are taken in an attempt to control over consumption so restricting the back and forth in reality might be token at best, but in the spirit of it all might fulfill the schools obligation.

Yea the school has to protect itself from lawsuits for overserving, especially if it leads to accidents, injuries, deaths, damages, etc. Also serving minors. Most of our students are under age. As a responsible party in the sale of liquor they must factor in the additional risk associated with fans getting schnockered in the school parking lot on their own, then doing something stupid. A 40,000 capacity bar has its risks. I’ve never understood why this is so difficult to understand.

BankerFrog

This makes sense at a hypothetical level and I guess a legal level. Realistically there will be thousands of people getting beer and multiple vendors and people working the concessions. There won't be much accountability by single bartenders and specific fans; nonetheless, I see your comparison. You are already crossing a liability threshold by serving beer in the stadium. I don't think there is a step change in liability by allowing people 20 min at halftime to drink at the tailgate. Which is exactly why people can't get back in their seats on time in the 3rd quarter. There is only one reason to leave the stadium at halftime and that's to get an adult beverage. The other would be if you have young kids and they need a break from the action.

When I sit on the east side I will leave at halftime to get a beer at a close tailgate and be back in my seats on time for 2nd half kick. When I sit on west side UD I forego the halftime beverage bc its not worth making the trek for a beer or two. If they served beer in the stadium I would never leave. I assume there are many in the same boat.

This exactly, could not agree more. Just can't get the "big" issue here with the in/out. Thanks for the response

Bob Sugar

I'm working on the assumption that alcohol sales would also mean no in and out privileges. Thousands of tailgaters/season ticket holders will not find that decision palatable AFTER paying that money for tailgate parking. All available information should be given to "the customer" before a purchase decision is made.

Announcing a reduction in access any time after parking purchase/renewal is too late, IMO.

You do realize this is pretty much exactly what they did to the East Side Club holders. And the season ticket holders for the inaugural year of Schollmaier. Once the ink was dry on the checks for those tickets, they announced that there were “unforeseen” delays.

BABYFACE

If they were to implement a no in and out and back policy, one part would be an attempt to curb those that leave at halftime and don’t return or return late 3rd Qtr. I think the hope is that there will be more butts in the stands for the 2nd half.

HFrog12

If they were to implement a no in and out and back policy, one part would be an attempt to curb those that leave at halftime and don’t return or return late 3rd Qtr. I think the hope is that there will be more butts in the stands for the 2nd half.

As much as I would like the ability to leave for a bit to give the little kiddos some relief, I support no in and out. In a perfect world parents with kids could have vouchers. Again, I don’t see the point in leaving at half time if you can drink in the game. If you have no interest in watching the second half of a big 12 game then head on home and don’t come back.

SuperBarrFrog

I’ve never been to any professional sport where you able to leave the building and come back in and they don’t seem to have any problems. If they sell beer inside then there is no reason to go all the way back to a tailgate unless you are trying to drink underage or are just a major cheapskate.