• The KillerFrogs

ADJD’s BIG and NEW Game Day Announcements!

frogs9497

How bout a tailgate reporter, similar to a sideline reporter, who reports live on the video board during the game? Interview the tailgaters and let them cheer on the team and give a “Go Frogs!” while flashing the hand sign. Might be interesting.

Eight

How bout a tailgate reporter, similar to a sideline reporter, who reports live on the video board during the game? Interview the tailgaters and let them cheer on the team and give a “Go Frogs!” while flashing the hand sign. Might be interesting.

why would anyone give a darn about tailgaters during the game if patterson has made more than one comment about getting as many asses in seats as possible.

better idea, roaming camera crew that shames people who have stayed at their tallgate instead of getting their butts into the stadium.

tcudoc

“Bad Fan Cam”
LiveGeneralAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif

frogs9497

why would anyone give a darn about tailgaters during the game if patterson has made more than one comment about getting as many asses in seats as possible.

better idea, roaming camera crew that shames people who have stayed at their tallgate instead of getting their butts into the stadium.

I think you answered your own question.

Eight

I think you misunderstood the intent.

"How bout a tailgate reporter, similar to a sideline reporter, who reports live on the video board during the game? Interview the tailgaters and let them cheer on the team and give a “Go Frogs!” while flashing the hand sign. Might be interesting."

so please clarify if the game is going on and there are tailgaters who aren't in the stadium but at the tailgate why would we care about them cheering on the team?

frogs9497

"How bout a tailgate reporter, similar to a sideline reporter, who reports live on the video board during the game? Interview the tailgaters and let them cheer on the team and give a “Go Frogs!” while flashing the hand sign. Might be interesting."

so please clarify if the game is going on and there are tailgaters who aren't in the stadium but at the tailgate why would we care about them cheering on the team?

Because it would look absurd cheering on the team from a tailgate while the game is in progress?

BABYFACE

I have never seen a fan-base [ hundin] so much about conditions.

MOST stadiums have a no in-out policy. MOST stadiums sell beer.

"It's too hot" - It's hot at Florida, Clemson, Georgia, etc. They don't have an issue.

"It's too cold and raining" - It's cold at Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, etc. Doesn't seem to be a problem there.

In Jason Phillip's words - harden the scheiss up.

Maybe, just maybe, lose the extra 10lbs of insulation you have, be more hydrated, find shade in the concourse if you're hot.

Maybe wear a hat, gloves, and a magical black jacket (if you can find one) if it's cold.

If you feel like you have heat exhaustion from sitting in the sun, go to the hospital. People do pass out on gamedays from not being hydrated enough and/or drinking too much. It's a real issue - be smart, drink water, wear a ball cap, sunglasses, and a light-colored shirt.

If you want to tailgate in the parking lot and listen to the game, that's fine. Just don't waste your seat. Majority of the crowd not coming in until 15 minutes AFTER kickoff and then leaving for a beer at halftime wrecked the atmosphere. Coaches and players were pissed. If you want to tailgate, fine but stay your ass there and don't waste a seat in the stadium.

Signed - a retired player.

I know we have agreed and disagreed on topics in the past, but I am 100 percent with you on this post.

MAcFroggy

If you feel like you have heat exhaustion from sitting in the sun, go to the hospital. People do pass out on gamedays from not being hydrated enough and/or drinking too much. It's a real issue - be smart, drink water, wear a ball cap, sunglasses, and a light-colored shirt.

But the athletic department tells us to wear purple shirts or black shirts at certain games!!!! /s

Atomic Frawg

Never happen. Some of those tailgates cost more than houses in a lot of Fort Worth communities and cost way more than a couple of season tickets. If those people who drop that kind of loot want to stay out and watch the games from the parking lot, more power to them. The issue is still that for many in Fort Worth TCU still isn't viewed as "Your Home Team." The school should do more to get casual fans who have kids to come out to games and have a greater presence in Tarrant during the off season. Who knows, maybe the beer will help.

Dogfrog

It would be great if people would stay in the stadium from kickoff to final whistle and support the team as much as possible. But people are free to do as they wish with their money and support. I’m not going to tell them they are better or worse for their choices. For example, is a guy that donates $500,000 to the program but never sets foot inside the stadium better or worse for the program than someone who buys the cheapest seat and stays in the stadium for the whole game?

Yea screw the fans. In a perfect world, TCU would lead college football in donations, we would have packed suites, clubs, and tailgates for every game, even when our team sucks and plays in front of 12,000 home fans and 33,000 opponent fans. At least it’s a sellout.

CountryFrog

It would be great if people would stay in the stadium from kickoff to final whistle and support the team as much as possible. But people are free to do as they wish with their money and support. I’m not going to tell them they are better or worse for their choices. For example, is a guy that donates $500,000 to the program but never sets foot inside the stadium better or worse for the program than someone who buys the cheapest seat and stays in the stadium for the whole game?
He's better at being a donor and worse at being a football fan.

Jet Set Frog

Great idea! You can tell the school has really thought long and hard about how to get people into the stands. Getting season tickets is getting really expensive, so this puts it within reach for more people. Great, great call.

………..and I wanted to post something that WASN'T about the in and out policy.

Moose Stuff

Great idea! You can tell the school has really thought long and hard about how to get people into the stands. Getting season tickets is getting really expensive, so this puts it within reach for more people. Great, great call.

………..and I wanted to post something that WASN'T about the in and out policy.

Great idea except that JD just gave people that really want to go in and out a $210 way to do it...... just buy these in addition to their other tickets and use them to get back in after they go out. End result..... more sold tickets, pretty much the same empty seats.

netty2424

Great idea except that JD just gave people that really want to go in and out a $210 way to do it...... just buy these in addition to their other tickets and use them to get back in after they go out. End result..... more sold tickets, pretty much the same empty seats.
It’s kind of like going to Disney Land where you can pay more to bypass lines. Just another way to make money.

Ron Swanson

I just can’t imagine enough people will think about that idea and then execute that plan for it to make an actual noticeable difference.

If 300 people did that for that purpose I’d be shocked.

McFroggin

Exactly. Avoid the legal issues of no in/out/in, and grab some extra $$ along the way.