• The KillerFrogs

About that Dykes November swoon

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Season-souring November losses are not rare in modern-era TCU history....
San Jose State, 2000 (only regular-season loss)
Alabama-Birmingham, 2001
East Carolina, 2002
Southern Miss, 2003 (only loss that year)
Louisville and Tulane, 2004
BYU, 2007
Utah, 2008
Kansas State and OU, 2012
West Virginia, Kansas State, Baylor, 2013
Oklahoma State and OU, 2015
Oklahoma State and Kansas State, 2016
Oklahoma, 2017
Baylor, Oklahoma, and West Virginia, 2019

Sooooo, don't sleep on Iowa State.....
There's a reason they used to call it "No-Win-Ber."

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
One loss in a month does not a swoon make.

A November swoon would mean a pattern over time of losses. As mentioned before, Wacker had that. Every year. I think he had two or three November wins at TCU.

SMU fans told us to expect the same.

Moose Stuff

My goodness. We have a November game left on our schedule that has the chance to be the most painful loss in school history, and we’re making threads boasting about November?

This is very bad form.
It amuses me that a board whose members think Kaylie Hartung is basically Hitler has created and somewhat embraced this thread.

Sangria Wine

I'll say this. I didn't like the Dykes hire. I've clearly been wrong to this point. Interested to see how his tenure plays out. It has the making of a really great story. I hope this continues because TCU football is fun again.
I’m in that same boat. This year has certainly been way above any expectations. Going forward we have literally only two options…Sonny takes what he inherited and gets it to a whole new level than his predecessor just like Patterson did when he took over for Fran. That’s the one we all hope for. Alternatively things go “Jimbo Fisher” on us and we peaked too high and too soon so a falloff turns into a fallout.

Sonny sure seems to have the team playing for him and enjoying it all again. That does speak volumes and is probably among the most important intangibles of winning college football games today. Lots of programs recruit great talent and have great X’s and O’s staff, but don’t have great chemistry. Sonny sure seems to have the chemistry part down at this stage of things.

Sebastian S

Will be interesting to see when the entire roster are "his" players

Most of them now were under the strict and disciplined regime of coach P.

That could be a reason why they are very coachable? Maybe they welcomed the new coaching staff like it was a sigh of relief and they could release their true potential due to no more tention/fear

It has not even been a year yet, and Coach Dykes was reportedly originally signed for 6 years at close to $30 million. Isn’t that more than enough for him right now, while it may be more prudent for TCU to evaluate him and an extension after another year or two? Don’t do a Jimbo.

Planks

It has not even been a year yet, and Coach Dykes was reportedly originally signed for 6 years at close to $30 million. Isn’t that more than enough for him right now, while it may be more prudent for TCU to evaluate him and an extension after another year or two? Don’t do a Jimbo.

I wonder if part of this is strategy by TCU. By putting this story out there now, we are preempting any malicious rumors that may pop up about such and such school wanting to hire Dykes.

With so much on the line right now, we can’t afford even the slightest distraction.