• The KillerFrogs

About that Dykes November swoon

McFroggin

The possibility of a November swoon is past. At worst Dykes would be 3-1 in November. A single loss does not a swoon make. Relax. No hex was thrown on the team by this comment or thread.

11-0 and losing to the last place team in the conference is about as disappointing a November as you can ask for. At 0-11, no one would care. At 11-0, you’ve got to finish.

HFrog1999

here we freaking go, first it was the november swoon talk and now we are talking about texas' ranking for goodness sake

snap out this kansas city red raider fan hoopla and start applying some laser like focus on iowa state and nothing else

this board needs two weeks of the most focused, intense, physical posting to bring these next two games home for the frogs

i mean true sacrifice and dedication to get the job done, country frog putting his hedonistic ways of gourd flavored crepes and french vanilla lattes

due it for max, for the next two weeks it is nothing but bisquick pancakes and folgers

consider a guy like dam williams who at 18 has to be worn down, has to be beat up, and yet the frogs need his physicality more than ever the next two weeks

he needs to know that out in the cabana lisa t is making sacrifices to get him through this. that she has gotten rid of all that girlie man george clooney's overpriced tequila and she is now pouring a tequila that embodies toughness, grit, the rock's tequila, the peoples tequila supporting the people's team, tcu

this is how we need to post the next two weeks, not one eye off the prize people

king john GIF

McFroggin

1. It’s insulting to all of TCU that you believe it is necessary to define this with TCU alumni.

2. It’s embarrassing when you use it incorrectly. The OP and no one I referred to has defined a November swoon as losing every game. There is a plural of swoon - swoons that would mean repeated falls in that month. A November swoon can clearly mean a single fall. Your subjective definition being different than mine doesn’t equal a fallacy.

Froginbedford

Season-souring November losses are not rare in modern-era TCU history....
San Jose State, 2000 (only regular-season loss)
Alabama-Birmingham, 2001
East Carolina, 2002
Southern Miss, 2003 (only loss that year)
Louisville and Tulane, 2004
BYU, 2007
Utah, 2008
Kansas State and OU, 2012
West Virginia, Kansas State, Baylor, 2013
Oklahoma State and OU, 2015
Oklahoma State and Kansas State, 2016
Oklahoma, 2017
Baylor, Oklahoma, and West Virginia, 2019

Sooooo, don't sleep on Iowa State.....

Frog-in-law1995

1. It’s insulting to all of TCU that you believe it is necessary to define this with TCU alumni.

2. It’s embarrassing when you use it incorrectly. The OP and no one I referred to has defined a November swoon as losing every game. There is a plural of swoon - swoons that would mean repeated falls in that month. A November swoon can clearly mean a single fall. Your subjective definition being different than mine doesn’t equal a fallacy.
I didn’t believe everyone needed it, just you. And that belief has now been validated. The very post you quoted from Purp defined swoon as losing multiple games. What his post did NOT do was suggest that a loss to Iowa State wouldn’t make for a very disappointing November, which is the straw man you set up and knocked down.

McFroggin

I didn’t believe everyone needed it, just you. And that belief has now been validated. The very post you quoted from Purp defined swoon as losing multiple games. What his post did NOT do was suggest that a loss to Iowa State wouldn’t make for a very disappointing November, which is the straw man you set up and knocked down.

I can’t help you if you can’t comprehend english