• The KillerFrogs

AAC Revenues

Big Frog II

The American Athletic Conference has announced their revenues for the 2016-2017 school year. Houston will receive $5.4 million and SMU $3.7 million. How fortunate we have been to have the right leadership at the right time to get us in the Big12. $30+ million more for that year alone will buy a lot of shoes and pay for a lot of salaries.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Not sure why we had to be punished with four decades of mediocracy and suck but I guess it was worth it when we caught lightning in a bottle during the perfect storm of change in leadership.

Not sure why we had to be punished with four decades of mediocracy and suck but I guess it was worth it when we caught lightning in a bottle during the perfect storm of change in leadership.

We got punished for doing nothing and milking other teams fans who came to our stadium. Also Baylor had the politicians in key places when Texas decided to break up the Southwest Conference.

AustinFrog

Not all our trouble was self inflicted. I think Pittman could have had us stop the bleeding and turn the corner but collapsed on the field and later died in Waco. IIRC Pittman was one of Royal's top assistants and Royal was not happy to see him go to TCU. Schoefner could have done the same but wrecked his car and lost his foot, driving home from his side pieces house. Just really bad luck we did not recover from till Wacker.

Purp

Not all our trouble was self inflicted. I think Pittman could have had us stop the bleeding and turn the corner but collapsed on the field and later died in Waco. IIRC Pittman was one of Royal's top assistants and Royal was not happy to see him go to TCU. Schoefner could have done the same but wrecked his car and lost his foot, driving home from his side pieces house. Just really bad luck we did not recover from till Wacker.
So Shoefner lost his foot b/c of his wacker?

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Just a warning: Baylor kills.

OmniscienceFrog

Pittman was an assistant at Texas from '57 to '65, but he was the head coach at Tulane for the five years before he came to TCU.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
Fred Taylor wasn’t a Hall of Fame coach , but he deserved 1 more season after all he had done for TCU. The African American players that left when Pittman came in ‘71 and threw down a lot of 1950s rules about hair length were difference makers, especially Ray Rhodes who had a great ‘70 season and went on to a stout career in the NFL as a running back and Head Coach of the Eagles. In 71 the Frogs almost won the SWC and would have if Pitt hadn’t run off the talent. After one platoon football ended in the late 50s, the rules allowed unlimited scholorships from the 60s through the early 80s. UT had all of the talent available to the conference on their bench. I wish there was still one platoon football on some level. Players had to do it all. Jim Brown was the greatest offensive player, but a liability on defense (I have heard).