• The KillerFrogs

A Tip ‘O the Hat to Colin Kaepernick

Horny4TCU

I watched that game and I have never cheered so hard for team that I usually care nothing about. I then proceeded to pick up my girlfriend at the time over my head and spin her around when we won! Shortest girl I ever dated at 5' 1" and 105 lbs., so not some amazing feat of strength... but still memorable.

MTfrog5

Which poster on here was it that bought Roses for the team after their New Mexico win? Love hearing stories about the team hotel having multiple noise complaints from the team floor.

Zubaz

Don't have to agree with everything he says or does to appreciate the massive impact he had on TCU football. There weren't even enough Pac-10 teams for bowls that year. Without Kaepernick, we end up playing someone like Fresno in the Las Vegas Bowl.

Anyone saying they don't remember him being the Nevada QB for that game either 1) Was not a TCU / college football fan at that time, or 2) Is not telling the truth because they are triggered at Kap's behavior the past few years.

Don't have to agree with everything he says or does to appreciate the massive impact he had on TCU football. There weren't even enough Pac-10 teams for bowls that year. Without Kaepernick, we end up playing someone like Fresno in the Las Vegas Bowl.

Anyone saying they don't remember him being the Nevada QB for that game either 1) Was not a TCU / college football fan at that time, or 2) Is not telling the truth because they are triggered at Kap's behavior the past few years.
I remember well watching the game, the roller coaster that it was and how happy I was that Nevada won. And Kaepernick can do whatever he wants, I'm not going to spend a bunch of energy on him one way way or another.

I do find it interesting among some on here though that it has just come to be accepted that if Boise had not lost that game they would have passed TCU in the BCS standings. There was lot of debate about that but it was not a given. Outside of Rod Gilmore, there were quite a few people who continually pointed out that we were the better team, had the stronger schedule and we were the higher ranked team at the time that game took place. That game gave us certainty and I'll always appreciate the role that Kaepernick and his Nevada team played in that but it's an oversimplification of history to say that we would not have made the Rose Bowl on our own.