• The KillerFrogs

A Story About a Man and a Woman

Atomic Frawg

A man and a woman had recently gotten married. Each had been married before, so each had some experience with marriages and the ups and downs they all entail. But these two seemed almost the perfect pair. Years prior they were really close friends and got to know each other very well, but they didn't date. Now they were both successful, and as a couple it seemed that the sky was the limit to what they could accomplish together.

Things appeared to be progressing well for the couple. As a unit, they'd had successes as setbacks, but things seemed to still be trending upward and they were growing together. That is, until one day another man noticed the wife. This potential suitor knew she was married, but he wanted to woo her away from her husband. After all, he was from a good family with a strong name and heritage. But the husband loved his wife, and he wasn't ready to part with her.

It just so happened that the couple had signed a pre-nup, and if either person tried to leave the marriage prior to a certain amount of time, that person would owe the other a significant amount of money. Discussions were had within the couple, and it became clear to the wife that the husband wanted the money agreed upon in the pre-nup, every penny. The wife's finances at the time made her paying her husband unfeasible. She then asked the new suitor if he would pay the amount for her, or to at least pay a significant portion of it since they were going to be together. She then found out that the new suitor, although he wanted her, he didn't want her so much that he was willing to pay the pre-nup fee to get her.

Word got out about what was going on with the family. Many admired the husband for loving his wife and wanting to keep his marriage together. To help his wife save face, the husband even told people that she never truly was going to leave him, and that what they heard were ridiculous rumors. He told people they intended to be married forever. The wife was, in fact, a good person. By and large people nothing but good things to say about her. However, in his heart he knew that there were men that his wife was willing to leave him in order to be with. Around town, although no one asked the wife directly about the situation, she always knew that people would whisper.

Questions:
Will there relationship ever be the same? Will it last? What do they have to do in order to move beyond the situation? Should wife had written in a "hall pass" stating that if certain people wanted to marry her, she would not have to pay the fee for that select one or two people? Should husband have loved her enough to let her go free?

Asking for a friend,

AF

LisaLT

He will never fully trust her again. ;)

Once tempted, especially if they were only a few years into the marriage, he will always be waiting for the next time.

Maybe 20 years down the line if they are still together and wildly happy and successful, those fears will go away.

Pharm Frog

He will never fully trust her again. ;)

Once tempted, especially if they were only a few years into the marriage, he will always be waiting for the next time.

Maybe 20 years down the line if they are still together and wildly happy and successful, those fears will go away.

Secret to long lasting relationships is a measure of mistrust. Keeps people sharp and on their game.

H-Town Frog

A man and a woman had recently gotten married. Each had been married before, so each had some experience with marriages and the ups and downs they all entail. But these two seemed almost the perfect pair. Years prior they were really close friends and got to know each other very well, but they didn't date. Now they were both successful, and as a couple it seemed that the sky was the limit to what they could accomplish together.

Things appeared to be progressing well for the couple. As a unit, they'd had successes as setbacks, but things seemed to still be trending upward and they were growing together. That is, until one day another man noticed the wife. This potential suitor knew she was married, but he wanted to woo her away from her husband. After all, he was from a good family with a strong name and heritage. But the husband loved his wife, and he wasn't ready to part with her.

It just so happened that the couple had signed a pre-nup, and if either person tried to leave the marriage prior to a certain amount of time, that person would owe the other a significant amount of money. Discussions were had within the couple, and it became clear to the wife that the husband wanted the money agreed upon in the pre-nup, every penny. The wife's finances at the time made her paying her husband unfeasible. She then asked the new suitor if he would pay the amount for her, or to at least pay a significant portion of it since they were going to be together. She then found out that the new suitor, although he wanted her, he didn't want her so much that he was willing to pay the pre-nup fee to get her.

Word got out about what was going on with the family. Many admired the husband for loving his wife and wanting to keep his marriage together. To help his wife save face, the husband even told people that she never truly was going to leave him, and that what they heard were ridiculous rumors. He told people they intended to be married forever. The wife was, in fact, a good person. By and large people nothing but good things to say about her. However, in his heart he knew that there were men that his wife was willing to leave him in order to be with. Around town, although no one asked the wife directly about the situation, she always knew that people would whisper.

Questions:
Will there relationship ever be the same? Will it last? What do they have to do in order to move beyond the situation? Should wife had written in a "hall pass" stating that if certain people wanted to marry her, she would not have to pay the fee for that select one or two people? Should husband have loved her enough to let her go free?

Asking for a friend,

AF
Did you go to UCLA?

Atomic Frawg

Did the previous marriages end because he had issues with his Johnson and hers went to the Pitts?
One previous spouse thought the Johnson was only mediocre, and the other's previous spouse just couldn't keep the Pitt satisfied. Ya know, we may have the same friends.
Your description of the relationship with the suitor is vague. Has she slept with the suitor?
I can't confirm or deny that she slept with the suitor, but he certainly seems to have felt her up.

Zubaz

Question: Does the wife give the husband $4mm a year?

Equating professional relationships with covenant marriages...probably a good recipe for disappointment.

Atomic Frawg

How is she in the sack?
tenor.gif

ThisIsOurTime

I will ignore the obvious Jamie Dixon undertones and pretend this is about a regular couple.

You said they were both married before getting married to each other. What happened to those first marriages?

The bible says it is adultery if they were not a widow or there was previous infidelity by their partner. So I would first want to know did they honor their first commitments and if they did not, why should they think the other would honor their commitment the second time? What has changed where we should believe they are more devout now and that their word means more? In your story, the woman appears to be willing to leave the marriage except for the money fell thru so any prior change in her devotion would be suspect.

So as it stands, I would not think their relationship is on solid ground because there would be that fear that another suitor could come along. They need to rebuild their marriage on the basis of something more than money and nihilism. They need to get right with God. Repent their sins and renew their vows with this time the focus being on honoring their vows and leading a religious life. Even then it might not be enough but some people have been shown even in this age of nihilism to honor such commitments.

Limey Frog

One major flaw in the premise...

"Yo, ladies, if you got a good husband, got a good man, hold on tight. Another woman will take your husband. They’ll take him. There’s women in here right now with stolen husbands. You know who you are. You’re like, “That [ hundin] was slipping.” That’s right. Hold tight or another woman will take your man. Fellas, you don’t gotta really worry about that. Nobody’s taking your wife. Oh, don’t get me wrong. They’ll [do] your wife. Oh, they’ll [do] her good. They’ll [do] her better than you. But they not gonna take her. There’s no guy going, “Yeah, I want her to yell at me the way she yells at him.” “I wanna live in a house with no pictures of my mother.” Oh, they’ll [do] her, and then they’ll return her. “I believe this is yours.” “[ hundin] had me feeling bad about myself.”

--Chris Rock, Tamborine.

So, I guess TCU is the wife here and UCLA is the home-wrecker. But in basketball terms UCLA is a 10, we're a 4 with a quality personality, and J.D. is the best guy who ever asked us out [except for that one crazy summer back in college with Tubby where everyone was drunk the whole time].