• The KillerFrogs

A selfish request from all of you

Horny4TCU

I think I jinxed the rain chances. I bought my son some Frog Toggs for the game, and now the WFAA weather forecast is showing sunny for Saturday... If I would've winged it, we'd have rain.

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 10.04.38 AM.png

The TCU Football Jerk

One mom would do cartwheels because I told her across the field rather loudly I didn't need her help coaching from the sidelines. But the kiddo would be devastated.

I promise to all of you I will not put them on StubHub if it comes to that. I would rather no one sit there then someone in red.

The kid would be devastated?? Seriously?? Might want to raise them to be a little more resilient.

The TCU Football Jerk

I understand your angst, amigo...really, I do. You're in a tough spot with no easy way out. But here's a wee bit of food for thought from my own experience, years and years ago.

I loved playing football. I was never very good at it, never good enough to even sniff a scholorship like my dad, but I loved everything about it, even the practices. But there was one disappointment, and it took me awhile to get over it. My dad never saw me play even one down. He was committed to his job, which at that time required lots of travel away from home. If he was home on Saturdays he'd usually be found at his office clearing up correspondence and shuffling through reports. I wished then -- and wish now, some 65 years later -- that he'd been there for one or two of those few games that constitute my football career. But...he had other commitments. As I matured and better understood the pressures he was undergoing at that point in our family history I learned to deal with my childhood disappointment. But still...well...I wish hed been there.

I don't know what kind of coach you are...I don't know what kind of fan you are. You may be the greatest at both, or maybe you're nothing more than a warm body among many others. But whatever you are in those two facets of your life, you're still, and always will be, Daddy to someone. Make it count, amigo, make it count.

Missing one game's not going to kill the kid.

But this wind will do its damnedest to try to dry out the fields overnight. Plus, the dew point will be fairly low so more water can evaporate. Saving grace is we haven't changed the clocks yet and the sun is just now starting to rise just before 7:30. League says they'll make a decision by 7 AM.

BleedNPurple

On the other hand, I missed the 400 yd LT game against UTEP to take my daughter to a tennis tournament at Newks in San Marcos. It rained. The whole tournament got crammed into the next day. Bought a radio to try to listen to the game. Went up and down the dial forever trying to find a station broadcasting the game. No luck. Didn't find out what happened until long after the game was over. No recordings available at the time. The friend I gave my tickets to still tells me thanks every time I see him, even now. I did earn everlasting gratitude, so I have that goin' for me.....Which is nice...........
My ex bought us a trip to Playa del Carmen flying home during the Rose Bowl. Landed and watched the end of the game on my phone (sling box) sitting in customs. My friends we went to all the bowl games with brought me home Rose Bowl Ticket stubs,towel given at the game, hats, shirts - everything to try to make me feel better.

Whenever Inthink of the Rose Bowl I think Ex Wife for some reason.