• The KillerFrogs

A&M building downtown campus.

So according to this FW has been left in the dust of the new economy and the Aggies will lead us to greatness.

Some of this piece is hyperbole. Some isn't too far off. But it sounds like it's written by a PR firm and Aggies are oh so quick to inflate their value. As the incoming president of a local commercial real estate chapter I probably shouldn't say too much but I will say this is ultimately a good thing but it's not the knight in shining armor that the piece would lead us to believe.

As for TCU, the school should take a deep look in the mirror and a few cues from the Aggie Agenda and find a better way to ingrain and incorporate itself into the FW community than it currently does. TCU needs to be an agent of change in the local community/economy and the perception is that it's not. A big reason is they recruit so much from out of state and the kids are going back home after they graduate. TCU needs to work with Fort Worth to find better ways to incentivize them to remain here. It also would help with putting buts in seats at ACS ( BRINGING IT BACK TO SPORTS).

JugbandFrog

Some of this piece is hyperbole. Some isn't too far off. But it sounds like it's written by a PR firm and Aggies are oh so quick to inflate their value. As the incoming president of a local commercial real estate chapter I probably shouldn't say too much but I will say this is ultimately a good thing but it's not the knight in shining armor that the piece would lead us to believe.

As for TCU, the school should take a deep look in the mirror and a few cues from the Aggie Agenda and find a better way to ingrain and incorporate itself into the FW community than it currently does. TCU needs to be an agent of change in the local community/economy and the perception is that it's not. A big reason is they recruit so much from out of state and the kids are going back home after they graduate. TCU needs to work with Fort Worth to find better ways to incentivize them to remain here. It also would help with putting buts in seats at ACS ( BRINGING IT BACK TO SPORTS).
When I came to TCU in 1994, they were starting the "My Home Team" campaign, and it was BRILLIANT. It laid the foundation for Frog fans in the 2000s to today. I, and other schools, were bringing students in by the bus load in the late 90s/early 2000s through tickets we received from the Score a Goal in the Classroom non-profit. We had all the terrible seats, but with Frog Alley, the game, the kids just LOVED it. I know several of those kids who went to other schools that are TCU fans to this day because of that experience.

When I came to TCU in 1994, they were starting the "My Home Team" campaign, and it was BRILLIANT. It laid the foundation for Frog fans in the 2000s to today. I, and other schools, were bringing students in by the bus load in the late 90s/early 2000s through tickets we received from the Score a Goal in the Classroom non-profit. We had all the terrible seats, but with Frog Alley, the game, the kids just LOVED it. I know several of those kids who went to other schools that are TCU fans to this day because of that experience.

Yep. I still have the bumper sticker I got from orientation. Somewhere along the way that mission got off track.

Pharm Frog

Didn’t read the article but thinking this is a good move for Ag and the A&M system. Going forward I can see an increasing need for convenience, efficiency, municipal and corporate partnerships, and affordability in higher ed and footprint in North Texas (Dallas Area) fits the bill IMO. I can also see the potential for system-synergy as Tarleton expands northward. Seems like a good move to me. Don’t know the price tag though.

gofor2

nice example of why higher education prices have spiraled out of control over the last 20 years. The existing financial model for higher is not sustainable. Over the past 2 years (Covid has accelerated it) we've seen a shift of what education is going to be like in the future and spending hundreds of millions of dollars on traditional brick and mortal facilities and extra curricular staff and other BS isn't it. Not when you can provide a high quality, focused education for far less via other platforms.

Last edited:
Fort Worth is absolutely being left behind in job creation except for warehouse jobs. The result is less tax base and more burden on the property owners.

The current model cannot sustain itself.

100% fact. Working with Robert Sturns, the Mayor, GFWAR, REC, and other organizations to get this turned around. The problem is that they've dug themselves such a large hole with abatements that it's hard to incentivize businesses to come here without a tax break, which perpetuates the problem.

100% fact. Working with Robert Sturns, the Mayor, GFWAR, REC, and other organizations to get this turned around. The problem is that they've dug themselves such a large hole with abatements that it's hard to incentivize businesses to come here without a tax break, which perpetuates the problem.
Thanks, Artist. Keep it up. We basically have a WeWork in F.W. and headquarter TX out of Dallas and Austin, but would have been F.W. if not for all the dang red tape and previous horrendous policy decisions.

froginaustin

Austin has UNBELIEVABLE red tape. From anti-growth politicians; from entrenched bureaucrats (supported by anti-growth politicians); and supported by neighborhood and environmental groups.