• The KillerFrogs

A&M and Alabama

worthag03

Prime had an interesting take on it- Said Saban's comments were really directed at the Bama boosters, signaling them it's time to ante up or get left behind.
Exactly what it was. It’s a different era and I hate it. College players were your peers. College football was awesome because these kids took the same classes. Went to the same parties and struggled to get by on McDonald’s and Keystone like we all did.

That said, A&M is set up perfectly for NIL. Hundreds of thousands of alumni all with money and wanting to win. And Saban knows it. He wants his recruiting advantage and NIL is a huge threat to that.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Exactly what it was. It’s a different era and I hate it. College players were your peers. College football was awesome because these kids took the same classes. Went to the same parties and struggled to get by on McDonald’s and Keystone like we all did.

That said, A&M is set up perfectly for NIL. Hundreds of thousands of alumni all with money and wanting to win. And Saban knows it. He wants his recruiting advantage and NIL is a huge threat to that.
I didn't know A$M had alumni. I thought you had "former students."

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

It isn't so much recruiting anymore, but money-whipping.

It is a different era, and one that is just unfolding. We haven't even begun to plumb the depths of sheer depravity that will ensue...

I, too, hate it. And I also mourn for what was.

vicarfrog

You know, there was a time when I used to enjoy these spats. But honestly, I just don't anymore. In the grand scheme of life, this just seems so petty and childish, 2 grown men acting this way...what a joke and waste of time.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
You know, there was a time when I used to enjoy these spats.
white-vinyl-gangster-spats-41.jpg

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
You know, there was a time when I used to enjoy these spats. But honestly, I just don't anymore. In the grand scheme of life, this just seems so petty and childish, 2 grown men acting this way...what a joke and waste of time.
My old secretary always laughed at the phrase "grown men." Her response to that was always, "Now there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one!"

TCU_91

The fact Alabama, Ala freekin bama of all schools say they don't pay players is so absurd Saban should have combusted in a heap of flames and ashes right there.

There is widely posted pictures of their players with cash, cars and blow since the 70s. Most recently former players even admit it.

Give me a freaking break.

HG73

Scheudenfreud. Never interrupt your opponent while he is making a mistake. Pot calling the kettle black. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. So much material from our old friends. Aggy jokes are real.

sandiegojack

Another abuse is coming in the form of tampering. Many of the better players that have not transferred and used their free tranfer will be approached by other schools. I am sure this is already going on.

sdj

HG73

Okay, I acknowledge that I don't know much about NIL, but the DMN said this morning that "High school football players in Texas cannot currently profit off their NIL and retain eligibility, unlike in other states." Has anyone told Jimbo Fisher? Or does membership in the SEC trump state law now? Is TCU able to offer NIL deals to HS recruits? I know NIL is not to be used for recruiting, but aggy seems to be doing just that. WTH?

OICU812

Okay, I acknowledge that I don't know much about NIL, but the DMN said this morning that "High school football players in Texas cannot currently profit off their NIL and retain eligibility, unlike in other states." Has anyone told Jimbo Fisher? Or does membership in the SEC trump state law now? Is TCU able to offer NIL deals to HS recruits? I know NIL is not to be used for recruiting, but aggy seems to be doing just that. WTH?
They can’t legally profit from it while still in HS. Why Ewers signed with OSU instead of playing senior year HS. Doesn’t mean they can’t line up deals to begin the rake as soon as the whistle blows on their last HS game.

HG73

Oh. Okay. So if you takes da NIL money you are no longer eligible for HS? Makes sense. Consider me enlightened.

OICU812

Oh. Okay. So if you takes da NIL money you are no longer eligible for HS? Makes sense. Consider me enlightened.
If you take the money, and admit to taking the money, no eligible. Cue David Byrne karate chopping his own arm, going, “Same as it ever was!”