• The KillerFrogs

A college football thought from watching the British Open today

Limp Lizard

During many of the commercials, they did a split screen with half being the golf and the other half being the commercial, with the audio for the commercial. Maybe a way to cut down on all those commercial time-outs. It sure looks to me like the biggest cause for long college games is not the clock rules or replays, but all those commercials. And the networks sure as hell are not going to agree to have fewer commercials. Seeing play happen with a smaller part (half) of the screen would suck, though.

But I would rather see that than make college football more like NFL ball, with far less plays. If fact I would rather have the way it is now that a more boring product.

Eight

i was damn certain you were going to say after texas starts out 3-0 this year we will get beaten to death by every national pundit about how they are back and have a "chance" to win the national title while we get blitzed with a never ending stream of texas' highlights and every other team in college football gets ignored.

at least until week 4

Sebastian S

Not so weird when you consider Carnoustie is at a higher longitude than Moscow.

It's kinda weird, DFW is at a higher longitude than south padre and its 20 degrees hotter here.

acttemp_1280x720.jpg

Limp Lizard

He means latitude. Europe is really, really far north! The farthest point south on the island of Britain is farther north than anywhere in the contiguous U.S. Madrid, Spain is about at the same latitude as New York City. Cairo is about the same latitude as Austin.
The close proximity to the Atlantic keeps western Europe from being like, well, Moscow in the winter.

And damn!!! I helping hijack my own post!