• The KillerFrogs

5-6...Where do we go from here?

Froggish

Future is now and but I’m not seeing a ton outside of Max to believe we get back to competing for a Big12 title any time soon.

There are Positives though

-Max has the look of skies the limit potential.
-Freshman defenders look like ballers.
-Barber will easily best Reagors production next year just in effort alone.
-I’m optimistic that Hunt can figure out his droppsies

The Bad

- OL play is the worst I’ve ever seen. So bad that we are counting on Freshman and recruiting to turn the tide.
- Offense Scheme is juvenile and lacks cohesion...Cumbie I’m looking at you
- Pretty clear that GPs 4-2-5 is extremely neutered without above avg DE play. Where do we find that?

I literally have no ideas of what to think about next year. Back to back disappointing years and I would not be surprised at all if we aren’t picked to finish 8th or 9th next year. The program seems off.

Pharm Frog

Future is now and but I’m not seeing a ton outside of Max to believe we get back to competing for a Big12 title any time soon.

There are Positives though

-Max has the look of skies the limit potential.
-Freshman defenders look like ballers.
-Barber will easily best Reagors production next year just in effort alone.
-I’m optimistic that Hunt can figure out his droppsies

The Bad

- OL play is the worst I’ve ever seen. So bad that we are counting on Freshman and recruiting to turn the tide.
- Offense Scheme is juvenile and lacks cohesion...Cumbie I’m looking at you
- Pretty clear that GPs 4-2-5 is extremely neutered without above avg DE play. Where do we find that?

I literally have no ideas of what to think about next year. Back to back disappointing years and I would not be surprised at all if we aren’t picked to finish 8th or 9th next year. The program seems off.

Agree with all except for the optimism re: Hunt. Even his catches are juggling acts.

JAB331

I disagree, I think we're picked second or third. People understand we're a young team that needs to be developed. CGP said it best a few games ago at his presser, these kids don't come fully developed, it a process and we need to be patient.

Froggish

I disagree, I think we're picked second or third. People understand we're a young team that needs to be developed. CGP said it best a few games ago at his presser, these kids don't come fully developed, it a process and we need to be patient.

We will lose 11-12 starters..I’m not sure how anyone will be able to get a read on us enough to pick us in the upper half

Mean Purple

where do we go from here? well, we all go stand in line and when they open the Big 12 office on Monday we take our turns kicking that sorry sack of [ Finebaum ] bowlsby in the nuts. Cause this ref [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] is getting old and obvious.

Moose Stuff

I don’t give one rat’s ass what anyone picks us to be next year. We have a gritty young QB who will only get better, will add 2 good young RB to the mix, and are playing 5-7 freshmen on defense at all times that are getting after it. I don’t know what next year will bring but anyone who can’t see reasons for optimism isn’t paying attention.

Froggish

3 of them are actually worth a [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]. 4 if you count Song.

Don’t disagree there but I’m afraid that it’s easier to maintain a winning culture than build one. I think that winning culture that GP built over the years has all but left the program at this point. These younger players only know mediocrity at this point

OL recruiting has been much better the last couple of years and today's CB has that pointing further upward, the QB is in place, the RB's are in place, the young players on defense are better than those they replaced so I have every reason to be optimistic so long as we take care of fixing the offense. The only thing that could temper my outlook is not making the changes that even Stevie Wonder could see are necessary.

CountryFrog

I don’t give one rat’s ass what anyone picks us to be next year. We have a gritty young QB who will only get better, will add 2 good young RB to the mix, and are playing 5-7 freshmen on defense at all times that are getting after it. I don’t know what next year will bring but anyone who can’t see reasons for optimism isn’t paying attention.
I do agree that there are reasons for optimism. But I'm starting to get very pessimistic about the fact that we're sitting here for the 3rd time in 4 years having to find reasons for optimism for the next year. At a certain point these reasons for optimism are going to need to result in actual victories.

Moose Stuff

I do agree that there are reasons for optimism. But I'm starting to get very pessimistic about the fact that we're sitting here for the 3rd time in 4 years having to find reasons for optimism for the next year. At a certain point these reasons for optimism are going to need to result in actual victories.

All the optimism for last year blew up when the whole team got injured. Not much you can do about that. This year was all about Delton being as good as GP told us he would be, which was obvious [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. I’m basing future optimism in things I can actually see. Assuming we stay healthy this team gets better next year and is really good in 2021.