• The KillerFrogs

274 Sports: TCU's Gary Patterson says team "has to score one more point"

Tumbleweed

There's a tv commercial airing right now. It's theme is...'it'll will be okay....we'll figure it out'. The patient on the bed has a blank worried look on his face, hoping they'll figure it out before he goes under the knife. Seen that one?

Sounds eerily familiar to me.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
You know what type of game TCU fans want week after week? It’s not the two Alamo Bowls or Cheez-It Bowl, but the Peach Bowl. We want games like Oklahoma plays, where it’s obvious the other team is running into a buzzsaw, not games that constantly come down to the last possession week in and week out. We have the defense for those kinds of games, but not the offense.

West Coast Johnny

h1DE0FEED

Uncle_Frog

GP has explained multiple times what he means when he says win by one, everyone just wants to strawman him to something he's never said and then complain about it.
Please explain further. I though “win by 1” meant “win by 1” but maybe I’m wrong.

Bob

It means, at the end of the season, you have won 1 more game than you have lost. So, it appears we only falling barely short of that goal so far.

Zubaz

Please explain further. I though “win by 1” meant “win by 1” but maybe I’m wrong.
2011: “It’s about life,” Patterson said. “I think life is hard enough the way it is. When you get up in the morning, what you’re trying to do by the end of the day is you’re trying to be ahead." As Patterson pointed out, hardly anything in life comes easy. Getting ahead while you can and working to stay there is important, Patterson said. “Very few times in life, do people get a chance to win by 40 points,” Patterson said. “What we try to do every day, whether it’s in the offseason program or going to class, is you’re going to try to stay ahead by one point.”

He wants to win comfortably, but the "win by 1" mantra comes in to play during in close games where "you have to find a way to win by one" or "make one more play than they do".

Paint It Purple

2011: “It’s about life,” Patterson said. “I think life is hard enough the way it is. When you get up in the morning, what you’re trying to do by the end of the day is you’re trying to be ahead." As Patterson pointed out, hardly anything in life comes easy. Getting ahead while you can and working to stay there is important, Patterson said. “Very few times in life, do people get a chance to win by 40 points,” Patterson said. “What we try to do every day, whether it’s in the offseason program or going to class, is you’re going to try to stay ahead by one point.”

He wants to win comfortably, but the "win by 1" mantra comes in to play during in close games where "you have to find a way to win by one" or "make one more play than they do".
We should have a ACS chant.

west side: WIN BY!

east side: “1”

Guaranteed it would cause a big grin up and down the TCU sideline.