• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Where TCU transfers will continue college careers

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Where TCU transfers will continue college careers

By JEREMY CLARK

The NCAA Transfer Portal allows players at schools across the nation another chance at continuing their football career at a different school. The portal, which was introduced in 2018, allows players to enter their name and allows them to talk to other programs without needing permission from their current school.

Some players decided to remove their names from the portal and remain at their current school. But, more often than not, they tend to move on. However, in some cases the players are not able to find another school and their college career is briefly put on hold or done altogether.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/A...fers-will-continue-college-careers-159624342/

Froglaw

I get the "buried in the depth chart" transfers.

What I don't understand are the guys that are playing, but not starting.

They are one play away from being the starter on a Big 12 roster.

"I'm not starting so I'm packing up all my Nike Gear and going home to Central Northeast Tech".

Is it the I want it now of our society driving this Portal Exodus?

froginaustin

May it's the "coach doesn't understand that I am better the starter"

or even

"Hey!! At this school I'm expected to not only go to class but work outside class on the course material to stay eligible"

part of our society.

Harrumph.

West Coast Johnny

Except for a couple of guys on that list, they won't be missed. The transfer portal is a way major conference players can get rid of their weeds to be replaced by more promising transfers and HS seniors.

I do hate the portal though. Its one of the reforms that make college football more like the NFL. So if players have the right to transfer, do coaches have the right to cut underperforming players? The answer is yes but in the quaint good ole days of college football, the players and coaches at schools like TCU had more of a long term commitment to each other. (SEC schools aside, who every year coaches would clear their roster of weeds by "mutual agreement").

Any player who is adamantly dissatisfied with being a participant in TCU's athletic

program should consider departing posthaste. Undoubtedly, there are many eager

and deserving prospects
that would relish the opportunity to take their place.

Eight

I get the "buried in the depth chart" transfers.

What I don't understand are the guys that are playing, but not starting.

They are one play away from being the starter on a Big 12 roster.

"I'm not starting so I'm packing up all my Nike Gear and going home to Central Northeast Tech".

Is it the I want it now of our society driving this Portal Exodus?

maybe someone like helton has gotten his degree and he is ready for a new direction in life, maybe it was suggested by the coaching staff that they weren't going to see much playing time in the near future.

the only players who really were seeing time at the end of the year were white, hollins, and ben wilson a bit.

who else of the others were close to playing?