• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU's 2018 Team Roster The Deepest Ever?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU's 2018 Team Roster The Deepest Ever?

By JEREMY CLARK

If you’ve paid attention to TCU’s recruiting classes the past three to four seasons, you know the Frogs are bound to have some depth. The Frogs have signed a top three class in the Big 12 the past three seasons and are on pace to do so again for the 2019 class.

If you haven’t paid attention, now is maybe the time.

TCU held their second practice of fall camp on Saturday and for those lucky enough to see the team practice up close, it’s apparent that the team is big, athletic and fast. That is a result of signing successful recruiting classes; two of which are the highest-ever during the Gary Patterson era.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/A...est-ever-in-the-Gary-Patterson-era-120395563/

2themax

Now is the time you start to worry if you're an opposing coach. This isn't good news for them. Having quality depth only means your starters are legit and/or tested. I believe this program is about to take another big step forward on the field and in recruiting.

FrogLifeYo

Consider that we are returning 11-12 ( though most are reporting 9) Starters off of an 11 win team and in 2019 we could return another 14-15 with as many as 10 on offense.....YUP all accounts as we are right on the verge of hitting re-load status. That’s got to scare the piss out of the Big12

Moose Stuff

Consider that we are returning 11-12 ( though most are reporting 9) Starters off of an 11 win team and in 2019 we could return another 14-15 with as many as 10 on offense.....YUP all accounts as we are right on the verge of hitting re-load status. That’s got to scare the piss out of the Big12

This whole “not returning many starters” line I keep hearing from people really only concerns me at Texada’s spot and along the OL. I think SR is gonna be fine, although it won’t always be pretty this year. It’s almost unheard of to field a team that is deep and experienced everywhere. Just doesn’t happen.

As for the rest of the team...... IMO it’s absolutely LOADED.

Edit..... deep snapper is an under the radar position where we’re gonna be breaking in a new guy as well. We were rock solid there last year so that could be another place worth watching.

FrogLifeYo

This whole “not returning many starters” line I keep hearing from people really only concerns me at Texada’s spot and along the OL. I think SR is gonna be fine, although it won’t always be pretty this year. It’s almost unheard of to field a team that is deep and experienced everywhere. Just doesn’t happen.

Edit..... deep snapper is an under the radar position where we’re gonna be breaking in a new guy as well. We were rock solid there last year so that could be another place worth watching.
Most exciting thing about our recruiting boom is that we are hitting every year in a high level QB and while we aren’t there yet on the OL/DL, It has drastically improved...We are in great shape!

Eight

agree with moose that this roster has a great deal of talent. especially so on the defensive side of the ball and offensive skill positions

Wexahu

Pretty much my thoughts as well. I felt good about CB awhile ago but have seen enough people question our depth there that it’s a concern of mine too now. I don’t understand why elite CB prospects wouldn’t be lining up to play here, and we always seem to be thin at that position.

CryptoMiner

Depth at the TE position is about as good as it has ever been.

FWIW Garrett Altman's brother, Colson, transfered from Houston to TCU. Was listed as 6-2/327 for the Coogs his RS freshman year.