• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU RB coach Anthony Jones talks fall camp

McFroggin

I just watched the Baylor game highlights from last year and Demercado had a pretty good game. You forgot to mention that Demercado had:

- 4 huge receptions for 55 yards
- A very impressive long TD run that got called back for holding
- Multiple handoffs where he was tackled in the backfield the second he was handed the ball, which weren’t his fault at all and killed his average YPC for the game.

Watch for yourself and then please come back to tell everyone you were cherry picking stats to try to prove your incorrect point.

Great highlights. My takeaway is that Johnston is a beast and Chandler can really light it up given time.

Demercado had a good few catches, but in a game in which we have 450+ passing yards, I don’t really see the RB having 55 of those as being anything other than basic RB play.

The long TD was influenced by the hold. Demercado didn’t really do much other than hit the hole and get aided by a penalty. He did what any RB would have done there. Nothing bad but nothing great.

I don’t blame Demercado for getting hit in the backfield. That doesn’t make him good or bad. He’s a Ryan Christian. Dude has spirit and gives it his all, but he shouldn’t be above 3rd string in my opinion.

If you knew that we had roughly 500 offensive yards against Baylor and you had to guess which RB had 23 touches without being able to break 100 yards of those 500, who would you have guessed? You know my answer.

Last edited:

HornyWartyToad

I just watched the Baylor game highlights from last year and Demercado had a pretty good game. You forgot to mention that Demercado had:

- 4 huge receptions for 55 yards
- A very impressive long TD run that got called back for holding
- Multiple handoffs where he was tackled in the backfield the second he was handed the ball, which weren’t his fault at all and killed his average YPC for the game.

Watch for yourself and then please come back to tell everyone you were cherry picking stats to try to prove your incorrect point.

Sorry but your in trouble when you staking your hopes on Italian running baks

Ron Swanson

Opinion hasn’t changed one bit. His TD run was influenced by fantastic OL play. He basically ran in untouched. Great 3rd string back to have.
ice-t hater GIF

McFroggin

Despite having 2nd most carries amongst RB’s, he finishes as 5th (last) in rushing yards and yards/carry against Tarleton. 1.2 avg. That said, he isn’t as bad as these stats suggest, just like he isn’t elite for a single TD run against Colorado. I’ll continue to believe he is a good 3rd string RB, but I hope you come back and demonstrate how wrong I am with him reaching new levels.

Ron Swanson

Despite having 2nd most carries amongst RB’s, he finishes as 5th (last) in rushing yards and yards/carry against Tarleton. 1.2 avg. That said, he isn’t as bad as these stats suggest, just like he isn’t elite for a single TD run against Colorado. I’ll continue to believe he is a good 3rd string RB, but I hope you come back and demonstrate how wrong I am with him reaching new levels.
Look I think we are arguing two different sides of the same coin, we just have different ways of phrasing it. He put in tons of work and has improved leaps and bounds from where he was when he first arrived on campus, and as a result is now a legitimate contributor to this team. I prefer to focus on the positive, and you prefer to crap all over him and talk about how average he is.

For instance, in that touchdown run against Colorado, yes there was a huge hole for him to run through at the line of scrimmage, but he was also surrounded by three Baylor defenders after the line of scrimmage and he beat them in open space and scored a touchdown, but you failed to mention that because you want to prove your point.

I’m not saying he’s some world beater, but he’s damn good and better than you give him credit for.

westoverhillbilly

Demercado seems to be a team guy and gives it all despite not being the most talented guy especially at breaking tackles or making yards after being touched. I wish Kendre would carry the rock more, but maybe we're saving him for later in the season. I hope Bailey and/or Battle emerge soon and are gamers.

Moose Stuff

Look I think we are arguing two different sides of the same coin, we just have different ways of phrasing it. He put in tons of work and has improved leaps and bounds from where he was when he first arrived on campus, and as a result is now a legitimate contributor to this team. I prefer to focus on the positive, and you prefer to crap all over him and talk about how average he is.

For instance, in that touchdown run against Colorado, yes there was a huge hole for him to run through at the line of scrimmage, but he was also surrounded by three Baylor defenders after the line of scrimmage and he beat them in open space and scored a touchdown, but you failed to mention that because you want to prove your point.

I’m not saying he’s some world beater, but he’s damn good and better than you give him credit for.
Colorado is so bad they’re calling in reinforcements from other teams now?

Wexahu

If DeMercado had come in as a 4-star recruit and performed exactly as he has fans would be wondering why he hasn’t been playing more. He is a decent player. If he was the only RB available for a game, we would be ok at that position. He’s basically already proved that.

Sort of the opposite of when Shawn Robinson played embarrassingly bad in that game at Texas Tech (that we somehow won) and yet fans were convincing themselves he was gonna be really good….because he was a “good” recruit.

Last edited: