• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU OL Coach A.J. Ricker discusses the Frogs' development up front on offense

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU OL Coach A.J. Ricker discusses the Frogs' development up front on offense​

ByJEREMY CLARK

The TCU football team is in their second week of fall camp and on Tuesday, we got to catch up with Frogs' offensive line coach A.J. Ricker to get the latest on how his position group is developing.

The offensive line was a surprise in spring camp according to what TCU head coach Sonny Dykes said a few months ago. He reiterated that statement last week, complementing on how well the group looked and the leadership it was showing. The Frogs return a bulk of experience up front with at least seven players with multi-season experience under their belt. They also have size and strength to go with that experience. The line is led by seniors Steve Avila and Alan Ali, who transferred from SMU to TCU following the hiring of Dykes.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/TCU-Horned-Frogs-AJ-Ricker-191191115/

CryptoMiner

The D line hasn’t been getting to the QB very often during fall camp.
I wonder if the O line is really that good, or if the D line still needs to get a much better pass rush.

Been missing their best pass rusher. D however has really stopped the run and it has been the guys up front doing most of that.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The D line hasn’t been getting to the QB very often during fall camp.
I wonder if the O line is really that good, or if the D line still needs to get a much better pass rush.
It's unlikely that the D-Line is running stunts or crosses at this point, so the OL is just straight-up blocking. It's when the crazy stuff begins that you begin to see the true ability of the line to know who is doing what, and who has who.

I'm just happy to see a new staff and new ideas in there.

punter9

Giant red flag. Our o line hasn’t been great but our coaches probably aren’t used to the level of talent we do have. Or what someone like OU has………