• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU lands Memphis transfer defensive back TJ Carter

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Reminds me of the 2002 game ...

Memphis dismisses Harden after TCU fight

Antoine Harden was dismissed from the Memphis football team Wednesday because of his involvement in a brawl after TCU's 27-20 victory Saturday.

Memphis coach Tommy West said he made the decision to dismiss the junior wide receiver after reviewing film from the incident.

"As I stated at TCU, I will not tolerate that kind of behavior," West said. "That is not what I stand for and it is not what this team will stand for."

The brawl started after Memphis' desperation fourth-down pass fell incomplete in the end zone with 2 seconds remaining. Players from both teams exchanged words and an official was injured.

Officials decided to end the game with 2 seconds left. With the win, TCU earned a berth in the Liberty Bowl and a share of the Conference USA title.

Harden, of Dallas, caught 37 passes for 608 yards and five touchdowns. He is seventh on the school's career receiving list with 1,197 yards.

He can remain in school and on scholarship next semester. The university then will grant his release, allowing him to transfer.

West said other players will be disciplined internally during the offseason.