• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU HC Sonny Dykes gets emotional discussing quarterback Max Duggan

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU HC Sonny Dykes gets emotional discussing quarterback Max Duggan​

ByJEREMY CLARK

Although he wasn’t making this an emotional game about himself in his return to SMU, TCU head coach Sonny Dykes did show some emotion when talking about one of his players on Saturday afternoon following the Frogs’ 42-34 win over the Mustangs.

Saturday’s game has been circled on the calendar ever since Dykes was named the Frogs’ new coach in late November last year. Dykes took SMU’s program to new heights in his four years at the helm, helping the Mustangs to 30 wins, including a 10-3 record in 2019.

While media and fans wanted very much to make Saturday’s game about the return of Dykes to his former school, the coach wanted nothing to do with the talk, the hype or emotions behind it. For him, this was another game.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/TCU-Horned-Frogs-Sonny-Dykes-Max-Duggan-194062976/

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
You didn’t have any offense in the 2nd qtr, the 3rd qtr and most of the 4th qtr because you won the game in the first Qtr running down hill straight at them, and then your OC decided to play a cutesy girl skirt passing game and throwing it all over when you should have been RUNNING the goddamn ball right at them!

Eight

You didn’t have any offense in the 2nd qtr, the 3rd qtr and most of the 4th qtr because you won the game in the first Qtr running down hill straight at them, and then your OC decided to play a cutesy girl skirt passing game and throwing it all over when you should have been RUNNING the goddamn ball right at them!

know i am going to regret this, but....what?

HornyWartyToad

I lol'd at the 10:30 or so mark, he called out the players, "They don't have the best Social Media game. . . " That tells me they have really bonded well with him.

asleep003

Yes... it reminded me how Charlie Cryst blew the Rose Bowl game against us. Find the formula that works, and the try other things for the fun of it .?.

Palliative Care

I love it. Always finding the “ugly win”. Scoring seven TD’s is a bad offensive performance. I know but we only won by eight and they should have been put away earlier. Damn it is good to have these problems again! I am not a win by two guy and I like a blow out anytime. But the last several seasons our offense scored much less often and went without scoring in many quarters. We actually have some excellent talent out there now. What will they score when they really get going? I hope a lot starting this Saturday.

East Coast

Tier 1
I love it. Always finding the “ugly win”. Scoring seven TD’s is a bad offensive performance. I know but we only won by eight and they should have been put away earlier. Damn it is good to have these problems again! I am not a win by two guy and I like a blow out anytime. But the last several seasons our offense scored much less often and went without scoring in many quarters. We actually have some excellent talent out there now. What will they score when they really get going? I hope a lot starting this Saturday.
And with all that, they were as good or better than the defense, especially last year.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
We had two offensive TDs in both the 2nd and 4th quarters. The possession just before halftime and the 3rd quarter were bad and the play calling was baffling. Perhaps with a lead they wanted to look at and work on some things, but it gave SMU the chance to get back in the game.

Eight

We had two offensive TDs in both the 2nd and 4th quarters. The possession just before halftime and the 3rd quarter were bad and the play calling was baffling. Perhaps with a lead they wanted to look at and work on some things, but it gave SMU the chance to get back in the game.

first two frog offensive possessions in the second quarter lasted 5 total plays, covered 120+ yards and resulted in 14 points

realize some here would have preferred 2 15-play drives, but offensive production was not an issue in the 2nd quarter

agree that final series when the frogs went 5-wide straight dropback was not good be it o-line play, play calling or max not getting rid of the ball

fourth quarter the frogs scored on their first two offensive series so once again what do you want from them and we really don't need to cover the series where they were running out the clock

third quarter was not good, offense looked sluggish, play calling wasn't good, and the two second down penalties set them back

missed an opportunity to take control of the game when the defense might have played their best quarter of the season so far

Frogs1983

We are fortunate to have Max this season. MOST guys would have bailed to the Transfer Portal when a Coaching Change happened, it seems lately. He stayed classy after losing job to Morris. Yes he frustrates me at times with his passing, but he has gotten better this season it looks like. No doubt the kid can run lights out when he needs to.

Not sure what will happen when Morris returns, but doubt it will not be the last of Max, even if Morris gets the starting job back.

Last edited: