• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Patterson meets with Steve Sarkisian about possible role on Texas staff

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Patterson meets with Steve Sarkisian about possible role on Texas staff​

ByGARRETT STEPIEN

Texas head football coach Steve Sarkisian met Friday with Gary Patterson about a potential position on the Longhorns' staff, Horns247 reported. For full details, VIP members can continue reading Chip Brown's report here.

Patterson, 61, parted ways Oct. 31 with TCU — midway through his 21st season as the Horned Frogs' head coach. A defensive-minded coach, he went 181-78 overall and 113-59 against conference play from 2001-21.

Read more at https://247sports.com/Article/Forme...about-possible-role-on-Texas-staff-180094016/

Frog-in-law1995

Opening posted: special assistant to head coach.
There you go. Thanks for the great times, Gary. I hope you’re the best special assistant in the country on a team that fails spectacularly in every respect. We’ll welcome you back whenever you’re ready to hang ‘em up for good.

Wexahu

I suspect he will be, similar to Coach Kill. Take over for 4 games and prove he can behave normal enough for a Colorado or Colorado St type team to hire him for his final 4 years.

Sark getting duped by CDC mid-year back up plan.
Ok, well I could actually see that playing out if he does take a job there, because the ESD. But I don’t really consider Kill a “former TCU head coach”. He’ll never be hired there as the head coach, let’s put it that way.

FrogBall09

Ok, well I could actually see that playing out if he does take a job there, because the ESD. But I don’t really consider Kill a “former TCU head coach”. He’ll never be hired there as the head coach, let’s put it that way.
yeah well Gary Darnell made the list of the top 15 A&M head coaches and a list I saw one time of the coaches with the most HC roles in their career....and as great as Coach Darnell is - half of his HC jobs were "interim"