1. The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Murray wins Davey O’Brien Award

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by TopFrog, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Murray wins Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award

By JOEY HELMER

NORMAN, Okla. — Kyler Murray already had the Associated Press Player of the Year Award in his hands, and now he has another major award. The redshirt junior star was named the Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award winner Thursday evening, making for the second straight Sooner and fourth all-time to take down the honor.

Murray joins Baker Mayfield, who won it last year, as well as Jason White (2003-04) and Sam Bradford (2008), as Sooners to have claimed the award. OU’s five Davey O’Brien Awards won are the most by any school in the country, surpassing BYU’s four.

Murray has thrown for more than 4,000 yards and 40 touchdowns to only seven interceptions on the season. On top of that, he’s just a shade shy of 900 rushing yards, with another 11 scores on 123 carries. In total, he’s accounted for a school-record 4,945 yards of total offense, plus 51 touchdowns. That school record is better than last year’s Heisman Trophy winner, Mayfield’s, with one fewer game.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/oklah...-OBrien-National-Quarterback-Award-126001157/

2. KM has been unbelievable this year. good for him - he deserves it.

3. Thrown for 4000 yards and 40 touchdowns with only 7 interceptions.

What's that even like?

ATC Frog and kidkarr like this.
  4. Next up: The Heisman.

5. Remind me how Dalton did not win it?

6. Cam Newton

7. LT was screwed worse with Chris Weinke winning......at least Scam was a damn good athlete

8. The Heisman? Was he even top 10?

9. The O’Brien I believe he means.

Frog-in-law1995 likes this.
  10. Does Billy Simms get paid for being an ass like this at the Heisman Cermony or does he do it all on his own?

Eight and TCURiggs like this.
  11. you should see the commercials for billy's barbecue place in norman

12. I can’t even do that on NCAA 14.