• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Montae Reagor discusses son Jalen's decision to leave TCU early

WhatTheFrog

Those two guys are idiots, or watched one game. I saw him line up on the left side (the "east side" when going south) against WVU this last game. I'm an eastsider, so I noticed. Left or right, it doesn't really matter if he gives up on a route that he knows he's not getting the ball or he fails to block downfield.

His punt return for a TD was gold. I loved that.

You kinda reinforced my point, btw.

ThisIsOurTime

The time to get your degree is when you are already in school. I wonder how many college athletes who turn pro early actually do go back and finish their studies?

Wexahu

The time to get your degree is when you are already in school. I wonder how many college athletes who turn pro early actually do go back and finish their studies?

I would guess very, very few. If they are successful as a professional, the money is such that there really isn't much need to go back. And if they aren't successful and stop making money before they have a whole bunch saved up, they probably aren't going to want to drop the $40k plus to go back.

WhatTheFrog

I would guess very, very few. If they are successful as a professional, the money is such that there really isn't much need to go back. And if they aren't successful and stop making money before they have a whole bunch saved up, they probably aren't going to want to drop the $40k plus to go back.
I don't know this as fact, but I'd hazard a guess that if the athlete brought considerable attention to the university, they could finish at no cost. Like I said, just an assumption on my part.

flyfishingfrog

Our administration goes out of its way to support former athletes that come back to finish up their degree

VBo makes is personal to ensure the cost is not the reason they don’t graduate

I think most of the guys I know that come back are baseball players because they can often do it while still in the minors as long as it’s a couple of semesters at the most

Otherwise once they totally quit, they often have to get a real job and don’t have the time

Wexahu

Our administration goes out of its way to support former athletes that come back to finish up their degree

VBo makes is personal to ensure the cost is not the reason they don’t graduate

I think most of the guys I know that come back are baseball players because they can often do it while still in the minors as long as it’s a couple of semesters at the most

Otherwise once they totally quit, they often have to get a real job and don’t have the time

Ah, that makes sense.

Froggy Style

Late 2nd. Just too fast and a good play maker. This year is on Cumbie and every scout will know it.

Similar to how our WRs went from bad to great from 2013 to 2014. Play calling changes a lot. Double and triple teamed makes it tough to catch balls or want to run routes when it feels like wasted energy.

There was a study mentioned a couple of years ago that showed that guys who actually graduated from college were more likely to stick in the NFL. I hope he does well, but the guys who have left early from here do not have that great of a record, do they?

Latest posts