• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Missouri is strong contender for TCU QB transfer Shawn Robinson

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Missouri is strong contender for TCU QB transfer Shawn Robinson

By STEVE WILTFONG

Missouri is a strong contender for TCU transfer quarterback Shawn Robinson, sources tell 247Sports.

247Sports reported earlier this week Robinson intends to transfer from the Horned Frogs. Robinson, who started seven games as a sophomore, will next be eligible to play in 2020 as a redshirt junior.

Missouri recently secured a high-profile commitment from Clemson graduate transfer Kelly Bryant, who will inherit graduating senior Drew Lock's starting role. Bryant comes with one remaining year of eligibility, which means there's a starting spot open come 2020. Conceivably, Robinson could sit behind Bryant for a season while learning from offensive coordinator Derek Dooley, whose NFL-like system attracted Bryant to Columbia.

Read more at https://247sports.com/Article/Shawn-Robinson-transfer-possibilities-Missouri-Tigers-126373444/

Curious as to why Robinson felt the urgent need to transfer? He was certainly provided ample opportunity to

perform during his sojourn at TCU. Could he have simply been concerned with the quality of QB competition

that he would have been forced to contend with next season?

Wexahu

Curious as to why Robinson felt the urgent need to transfer? He was certainly provided ample opportunity to

perform during his sojourn at TCU. Could he have simply been concerned with the quality of QB competition

Don’t know the exact reason, but look at his history and that’s probably all you need to know.

PO Frog

Can't believe all the negativity here. A Soph QB who actually did better than Dalton or Hill his first year, while playing hurt. It will be interesting to see how well he plays with two good shoulders. I definitely don't want to play him.
Will also be interesting to see if the shoulder will ever be right. Been a problem since his senior year in high school and very clearly was an issue in his first college start at Tech. If not fixed now, it might not be fixable.

BABYFACE

I don’t know firsthand but JC over at 247 is of the opinion that maybe SR transferring is best for both parties. Probably the case here.

HToady

Can't believe all the negativity here. A Soph QB who actually did better than Dalton or Hill his first year, while playing hurt. It will be interesting to see how well he plays with two good shoulders. I definitely don't want to play him.
Dalton graduated from TCU and was MVP of the Rose Bowl. Hill graduated from TCU and was MVP of the Alamo Bowl.
Robinson did neither.....then left

Limp Lizard

Dalton graduated from TCU and was MVP of the Rose Bowl. Hill graduated from TCU and was MVP of the Alamo Bowl.
Huh? Dalton and Hill graduated because they stayed through their Senior years and Robinson did neither. Most here we calling for Boykin to be moved to WR full time. I was saying Dalton and Hill really stunk it up their first year as a starter...Dalton's second year was not so great, either. Please let's not be like the other people from other schools saying "we did't want him anyway" every time we win a recruit away from their school.

Robinson may not make it in college ball. I just said we don't know yet. Nothing about graduating.

Eight

Will also be interesting to see if the shoulder will ever be right. Been a problem since his senior year in high school and very clearly was an issue in his first college start at Tech. If not fixed now, it might not be fixable.

doctor told me once that in regards to structure stability the shoulder was the worst joint in the body because there is very little stability provided by bone. primarily various forms of soft tissue and when that stuff stretches out it just never returns to normal.

not sure how accurate, but it makes sense when you think about the athletes who seemed to be plagued with recurrent problems throughout their careers.

westoverhillbilly

Something just wasn't right with SR no matter whose fault.. I've never questioned CGP's or even Cumbie's judgment, but the explanation in the press about allowing him to start and play thru a few games while knowing he had that injury just didn't sound plausible, especially after reportedly having such a close competition with Mike Collins in fall camp..

I heard a rumor in the late summer that SR was a nice kid but was perhaps lacking in leadership skills.. Really, it seemed that when Igwagwu went down that our offense went south, that and SR's turnover mistakes which every first year starter makes.. He also didn't seem nearly as mobile as advertised in that he never broke off and took one to the house (other than against Southern), but Boykin didn't either until his jr year..

froginmn

Hill transferred out of A&M before becoming MVP of the Alamo bowl.

Jury still out on whether Robinson will become a bowl MVP somewhere else.

Limey Frog

Good shoulders and good offensive coaching, perhaps. I could see this going either way for him. For TCU we need to start over at QB, and perhaps in some other ways.

arlington

Kenny Hill and Boykin had the same coaches as Robinson did. You cant out athlete guys at this level this isn't the district of Doom. He eye balls receivers, has little pocket awareness and is careless with the football and looks to have very little football IQ as seen with so many [ What the heck? ] decisions he made. Do we really want a mistake prone, non leader at QB who is afraid to compete to keep his job? I don't. Im still pissed he was given so many chances to cost us games this fall in the first place

Froggy Style

I'd be interested to see Dalton or Hills fumble numbers side by side with Robinson. Would also like to red zone turnover numbers. 10 fumbles in 7 games means you can't trust having the ball in his hands. Interceptions are something that may go down, but not being able to hold on to the football is a real problem.

Watching Dalton always made me think he'd be a great one. With Robinson, I think that he's a turnover machine...and can't read defenses. Not a good combo for a QB. If stating the facts is negative, then I guess that matches my mood when I watched him play.

arlington

VY learned to throw without turning the ball over every third series. And thats a pretty small sample size considering he graduated 10 years ago.

Eight

I'd be interested to see Dalton or Hills fumble numbers side by side with Robinson. Would also like to red zone turnover numbers. 10 fumbles in 7 games means you can't trust having the ball in his hands. Interceptions are something that may go down, but not being able to hold on to the football is a real problem.

Watching Dalton always made me think he'd be a great one. With Robinson, I think that he's a turnover machine...and can't read defenses. Not a good combo for a QB. If stating the facts is negative, then I guess that matches my mood when I watched him play.

i don't have the fumble numbers at my finger tips, but shawn threw roughly an interception every 25 attempts (204 attempts with 8 interceptions)

andy as a sophomore threw an interception every 60 attempts (307 attempts with 5 interceptions.) he frosh year is when he had the most struggles with an interception roughly every 33 attempts (371 attempts with 11 interceptions).