• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Gary Patterson calls out false rumors on recruiting trail

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
247 Sports: Gary Patterson calls out false rumors on recruiting trail

By AUSTIN NIVISON

Recruiting in major college football is as competitive as the games on the field — sometimes even more so. No coaches are immune to recruiting battles — not even veteran TCU head coach Gary Patterson.

Negative recruiting is a tactic used by coaches to make another program look less desirable to recruit, and every coach and program has fallen victim to it at one point or another. That’s apparently what’s been happening to Patterson this season. He caught wind about a rumor that other coaching staffs have been telling TCU commits in order to get them to flip, and he aired them out in a tweet on Sunday.

“Thanks to all the Frog family out there who watched or joined us in Waco thank you!” Patterson tweeted. “The guys played hard! To all the recruiters out there who are saying I am retiring after Oklahoma State so our commits would visit you, you aren't that lucky! Lol Go Frogs!”

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/A...son-calls-out-rumors-in-recruiting-124959060/

Eight

They should have outed the school. We all know who it was.

best that tcu stay above this type of mess, but if some of you want to set up a go fund me account for zach smith to continue to buy "party supplies"

here is zach in between tweets

0*2QMKwar1flcuovmm.jpg

after a long night "recruiting" with mensa

zerohed.png

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
24/7 has access to recruits directly from the program and coach's blessing, so I doubt this article was written in the same vein as the ones Drew is authoring at the BuzzFeed-Star-Telegram.

CryptoMiner

Funny last week saw on several UT sites that they were complaining about CGP negative recruiting with parents by using the OSU situation. Doubt it is true but at least that would be fact based unlike what they are trying to do.