• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Frogs Rebuild Of Offensive Line A Work In Progress

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Frogs Rebuild Of Offensive Line A Work In Progress

By JEREMY CLARK

Among the biggest questions the Frogs’ are facing as they head into the 2018 season is how they continue the success they’ve had up front on the offensive line the past two seasons.

That task won’t be easy as the Frogs have to replace three starters and a reserve that are all in NFL camps; Joseph Noteboom, Matt Pryor, Austin Schlottmann and Patrick Morris. The graduated players brought experience and leadership to the group.

TCU offensive coordinator Sonny Cumbie knows the loss of the four linemen is huge, but he sees what positives they left behind to the remaining linemen.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/A...e-loss-of-four-experienced-linemen-120469177/

FrogLifeYo

Hadn’t thought about it until someone here pointed it out but if the projections hold up, there will be 4 lineman in our top 6-7 who are former 4 star recruits. Hollins, Meyers, Harris , and McKinnney were all 4 star recruits. We may not play as well up front as we did last year, but this group should have as high a ceiling as any o-line we’ve had in history. That’s actually pretty comforting...I have hope we can be as good or better than last years group

Eight

i am still intrigued by the idea of sliding niang to the guard position and putting he and mckinney together on the right side. doubt that happens, but niang has played some inside.

FrogLifeYo

i am still intrigued by the idea of sliding niang to the guard position and putting he and mckinney together on the right side. doubt that happens, but niang has played some inside.

That’s interesting...Niang has the feet to play guard. I’m all for getting our best 5 on the field..Reality is there’s a chance that a 4 star JUCO All American doesn’t start for us..I’m inclined to believe that meens we are going to be pretty good upfront