• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Freshman forward Kaden Archie has left TCU's basketball program

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

8942591.jpg

Freshman forward Kaden Archie has left TCU's basketball program

By Jeremy Clark

TCU has lost one of their prized recruits from their 2018 as sources confirmed that freshman forward Kaden Archie is transferring from the program. Andrew Slater of TheAthletic first broke the news on Friday night.

HFB was able to confirm with sources at TCU that Archie has indeed left the program.

The 6-foot-6, 205-pounder was a four-star forward out of Midlothian, Texas for the 2018 class and ranked as one of the top players in the state. According to the 247Sports composite rankings, Archie was the No. 89 overall player in the nation, No. 19 strong forward and No. 3 player from the state of Texas. Archie chose TCU over LSU, SMU, Arkansas, Kansas and Illinois among others. The was the highest-rated player for the Jamie Dixon’s 2018 recruiting class.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/A...e-has-left-TCUs-basketball-program-127352412/

Christcu

8942591.jpg

By Jeremy Clark

TCU has lost one of their prized recruits from their 2018 as sources confirmed that freshman forward Kaden Archie is transferring from the program. Andrew Slater of TheAthletic first broke the news on Friday night.

HFB was able to confirm with sources at TCU that Archie has indeed left the program.

The 6-foot-6, 205-pounder was a four-star forward out of Midlothian, Texas for the 2018 class and ranked as one of the top players in the state. According to the 247Sports composite rankings, Archie was the No. 89 overall player in the nation, No. 19 strong forward and No. 3 player from the state of Texas. Archie chose TCU over LSU, SMU, Arkansas, Kansas and Illinois among others. The was the highest-rated player for the Jamie Dixon’s 2018 recruiting class.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/A...e-has-left-TCUs-basketball-program-127352412/

CountryFrog

This attitude among young athletes is becoming an epidemic. No work ethic and no patience. This attitude won’t get them very far in the real world.
Seems a little presumtious to say that he has no work ethic. Alex Robinson did basically the exact same thing but was coming into the TCU program instead of leaving it. I don't think that meant that he had a poor work ethic.

Lack of patience seems like a fair enough comment, though, based on what little I've heard. Funny thing is KA probably would've played a good chunk of minutes in the last game if he'd been just slightly more patient. Then he would've had his opportunity to earn more playing time going forward.

8942591.jpg

By Jeremy Clark

tcumaniac

Seems a little presumtious to say that he has no work ethic. Alex Robinson did basically the exact same thing but was coming into the TCU program instead of leaving it. I don't think that meant that he had a poor work ethic.
Nope. Not even close to the same thing as Alex. Kaden is an entitled toddler making an irrational and immature decision because he can't handle not being the center of attention. Alex experienced a life altering tragedy.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article202796769.html

Last edited:

LVH

This attitude among young athletes is becoming an epidemic. No work ethic and no patience. This attitude won’t get them very far in the real world.

I blame [ Finebaum ] like travel baseball and AAU basketball. In those sports its not hard to be the guy, if you aren't just jump ship to a team where you can be. It fosters a sense of entitlement. I played baseball in high school and we had kids who were on travel/select teams who didn't start over players who never played a lick of anything but rec ball. The parents were so mad and so were the select players. Instead of working harder and trying to earn the position they just moved to another school.

Then I get to TCU and play football and there were walk on true freshmen who would [ hundin] about not getting enough chances. I was like, dude, you're redshirting anyway, and second, you should be happy to be here.

Success is earned and some people think its easier to jump ship than to stick it out and earn it. The cream of the crop rises to the top somehow.

Mean Purple

Not sure what Kaden's deal is, but your point sums up a lot of the younger generation (s) in general.
To many youngsters can't cowboy up or don't like that they are not baby spoon fed.
Everybody has to learn to earn it. Life is a [Hillary]. Gotta battle.

Surfrog

With the way college sports are - we build these kids on a pedestal. They think they are the best, they have "made it" when they receive a scholarship, and that they are the best. They don't realize they are about to be a rookie and almost everyone has a scholarship.

Part of this falls on the parents.

Forget "helicopter" I have some "lawnmower" parents I have to deal with/have dealt with.

Hired an intern in the fall - in the interview process, we got it down to our top three. Shortly before singling it down to one, I got a call from the mother of one of our potential interns. Went on and on about how little Johnny Boy was the best ever. Johnny was cut that moment, we sent the standard "we're sorry, you've not been selected" email. Two days later, I get BLASTED by the mother for not hiring Johnny and 1 star reviews left on all media sites.

I've had parents call to set up interviews, I've had parents offer donations for interviews etc.

Worst ages to deal with in my industry:
Almost ALL 45-65 are pains in the ass.
35-45 actually kick ass 99% of the time, albeit slower than the 25-35 group.
25-35 are fine 90% of the time, those in the 90% are typically the best to work with. 10% come from the bottom 50% below and still have their heads so far up their ass, they can see next Tuesday.
15-25 are 50/50. Depends if they have daddy's credit card and a range rover.

TRF51

I bet he really regrets his decision, if he was concerned about not playing he is going to sit for 1.5 years until he is eligible to play. By then he could have been the starter here and would have had a steady increase in PT. For this reason I am not sure it was all about PT.

Eight

I bet he really regrets his decision, if he was concerned about not playing he is going to sit for 1.5 years until he is eligible to play. By then he could have been the starter here and would have had a steady increase in PT. For this reason I am not sure it was all about PT.

why would he sit for a year and half.

basketball allows mid-season transfers to become eligible

Big Frog II

but the second semester hadn't started
That's probably where it gets technical. People who aren't eligible the first semester can play once the fall semester is over. People who are academically ineligible for the second semester can't play in bowl games or once the semester is over. Since he played after the semester was over hasn't he technically payed during the second semester?

Eight

That's probably where it gets technical. People who aren't eligible the first semester can play once the fall semester is over. People who are academically ineligible for the second semester can't play in bowl games or once the semester is over. Since he played after the semester was over hasn't he technically payed during the second semester?

why would you site bowl games when talking about a completely different sport.

my understanding is basketball works differently as it is one of the few sports that crosses multiple academic periods