• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Four-star QB Marcos Davila decommits from TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Four-star QB Marcos Davila decommits from TCU​

ByJEREMY CLARK

11148000.jpg

TCU has lost their lone commitment from their 2024 recruiting class as four-star quarterback Marcos Davila decommitted from the Frogs late Wednesday night. He announced the news via his Twitter account.

“I want to thank @CoachSonnyDykes, @CoachGRiley and @MTommerdahl for recruiting me at TCU. College football changes fast and relationships matter so I feel it’s best for me to re-open my recruitment,” Davila wrote on Twitter.

The 6-foot-3, 217-pounder committed to the Frogs on December 22 over several programs. Following his commitment, Davila picked up offers from Texas A&M, Colorado, Miami and Purdue. Davila told HornedFrogBlitz at the time that he was committing to his dream school.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/TCU-Horned-Frogs-Marco-Davila-decommits-205188555/

Limey Frog

I thought this guy was all about TCU? What on earth? Who screwed this up? I hope there's some secret plan to have someone better, but his commination of talent and program buy-in seemed like he should be the one guy you prioritize above anyone.

Eight

Yes, but is there a secret plan?

wouldn't you like to know...

my source says the secret qb recruiting plan is in a file folder in the false bottom of sonny's lower right desk drawer next to the file folder with the secret touchdown plays sonny has drawn up in the offseason

82 Frog Fever

Seriously??? What I can’t believe is a school goes to a NC, puts a kid in NY who wins numerous QB awards, and TCU can’t land ONE good QB. That’s baffling.
If TCU is unable to land a good QB in May, I’m gonna say they deserve part of that criticism.

Not delivering on the packages for Sam Jackson was bad, and I believe it did play a part in his departure. Failing to retain him puts TCU behind the 8 ball.
Now we really must find someone in early May. We need 2, but 1 is a must.

As far as QB recruiting goes, TCU’s NC run may have actually hurt them this year. The Nat. signing days were Dec. 21 & Feb 1st, but TCU was still focused on playing and practicing until Jan. 10th. …then Sam Jackson leaves unexpectedly the next day. Brutal Timing!!!

abell2do

For the record I DO think Morris is gonna be damn good. I just think we need a very deep QB room to keep developing gunslingers. Hoover was recruited by Briles, and I think the kid will be a lot better than his recruiting resume because of Briles. I always think about Boykin. He had one other offer besides TCU, and he’s the best QB we’ve ever had IMO. Don’t bother trying to convincing me Duggan and Dalton were better because you’re wasting your time.

Eight

For the record I DO think Morris is gonna be damn good. I just think we need a very deep QB room to keep developing gunslingers. Hoover was recruited by Briles, and I think the kid will be a lot better than his recruiting resume because of Briles. I always think about Boykin. He had one other offer besides TCU, and he’s the best QB we’ve ever had IMO. Don’t bother trying to convincing me Duggan and Dalton were better because you’re wasting your time.

never understood why boykin didn't get more attention out of high school as if you watch the tape he was doing in high school what he did those last two years as a frog

curious if there were concerns or issues that kept others away because it damn sure wasn't a lack of talent

An-Cap Frog

If TCU is unable to land a good QB in May, I’m gonna say they deserve part of that criticism.

Not delivering on the packages for Sam Jackson was bad, and I believe it did play a part in his departure. Failing to retain him puts TCU behind the 8 ball.
Now we really must find someone in early May. We need 2, but 1 is a must.

As far as QB recruiting goes, TCU’s NC run may have actually hurt them this year. The Nat. signing days were Dec. 21 & Feb 1st, but TCU was still focused on playing and practicing until Jan. 10th. …then Sam Jackson leaves unexpectedly the next day. Brutal Timing!!!
As a western Chicago high school football spectator I am not convinced that Sam Jackson is a D1 QB...might be a WR or RB.

That said, he has more competition from the western suburbs...Belay also played previously at ICCP where Matt Bowen coaches.