• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Dixon expects Noi to return for Texas game

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Dixon expects Noi to return for Texas game

By Jeremy Clark

Kouat Noi is expected to return to the lineup when the Frogs’ host Texas this Wednesday at home; Frogs head coach Jamie Dixon gave Noi’s status to the media on Monday.

The Frogs missed Noi in their 65-55 loss on the road to Kansas State on Saturday. Without their second leading scorer (14.1 ppg), the Frogs produced their lowest scoring total of the season. Noi scored a season-high 30 points in the Frogs’ loss to Oklahoma a week ago.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/A...s-Kouat-Noi-to-return-versus-Texas-128168811/

If the experienced players like Noi, Bane, Robinson and Miller have their typical games we should do well tonight. X factor will be the first year guys. I’ve noticed that there is a pretty big gap in how Davis, Mayan, and Nembhard have played at home vs on the road, we need that group to give us some positive production tonight., and for Samuel to stay out of foul trouble.

Purp

If the experienced players like Noi, Bane, Robinson and Miller have their typical games we should do well tonight. X factor will be the first year guys. I’ve noticed that there is a pretty big gap in how Davis, Mayan, and Nembhard have played at home vs on the road, we need that group to give us some positive production tonight., and for Samuel to stay out of foul trouble.
I'm very interested to see how Barlow is used tonight and whether he shows improvement from KSU. He clearly has some tools and I can see him being a pretty big contributor. It was curious to me that he started ahead of Samuel at EMAW.

Purp

Samuel started at KSU but picked up an early foul.
Now I've got to go back and watch the recording. I could have sworn I saw Barlow taking the opening tip. I remember telling my wife, "That's not Samuel's number. That must be Barlow."

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Samuel subbed out early. Was surprised Barlow didn't get more second half minutes. Question - if he somehow doesn't play again this year, did he burn the RS?

MTfrog5

I think the RS is burned. Pretty sure in basketball if you play after a certain point in the season you're no longer eligible for a RS.
I could be wrong but for some reason I think after 30% of the season is complete a player cannot redshirt

Purp

I could be wrong but for some reason I think after 30% of the season is complete a player cannot redshirt
I can't remember the time threshold either and not interested in looking it up right now, but it could be 30% of the schedule. Whatever it is, I do think it's a fixed percentage of scheduled games not including postseason. Whatever it is, we're well past it right now.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
RJ and Barlow don't look quite ready for prime time but it is their time to play and they will get better with more minutes and experience.

Eight

RJ and Barlow don't look quite ready for prime time but it is their time to play and they will get better with more minutes and experience.

understand the challenge facing barlow, but this is rj's 4th semester in the program and he at times still looks lost which just can't be happening for this team right now.

4th. down

Nembhard may not bloom until next year. He's athletic enough, just hasn't figured it out yet. Believe Barlow will be much better by Big 12 tournament time. Our starting 5 with Fisher was probably the best starting 5 in the conference with maybe Kansas being the exception. Now Jamie will just have to make do with what he has. What would help us a lot is Jamie telling Davis, don't look to score unless you have an open shot - your job is to distribute.