• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Big 12 football: TCU is sleeper to win conference in 2022, analyst says

westoverhillbilly

Kendre Miller is going to finish in the top running for the Doak Walker Award and perhaps win it outright as Taye and Quentin loosen up defenses along with the feet of either/both Chandler and Max, thus leaving big running lanes for Kendre. Our offense will finish 3rd in the Big 12 and our defense will finish 4th, but the combo will be enough to get to the title game and we will win it this time.. This is going to be a very special year- we have some guys who can ball and they will be unleashed.

Nick Danger

My takeaway from that video is the fact that the Kansas State homer vlogger that was the host on that program seemed to be miffed that his "guest analyst" didn't follow his script and that he seemed to be expecting his guest to name Kansas State as his sleeper candidate. When he said TCU, all the Kansas State guy could respond with was "interesting choice", then threw in some comment about not "sleeping" on Kansas State! :)

gofor2

I think OU has won 14 out of the last 20 Big 12 titles.
Only someone who doesn't watch this conference would wonder who might win the B12 title in a given year.
However, this year is different, considering the staff changes.

Last edited:

Showtime Joe 2.0

What does Vegas say about our odds to win the conference?
Here are the most recent odds from vegasinsider.com.

Oklahoma +175
Texas +230
Oklahoma State +700
Baylor +700
TCU +1000
Kansas State +1500
Iowa State +1800
West Virginia +2500
Texas Tech +4000
Kansas +10000

In essence, the odds against the Frogs winning the conference are 10-1. So, if you placed a $100 bet with a sports book on the Frogs to win the Big 12 and they did win the title, the book would pay you $1,100. Your profit would thus be $1,000.

Nick Danger

My plan is to wait until next year when the four new teams join. That will be the first year not everyone will get to play everyone else, so there will be some teams you miss. All the four new members seem to want to play OU and UT at least once before they leave, so the conference schedule will probably be loaded down with new members for both of them. Additionally, OU will undoubtedly have Texas, and Oklahoma State on their schedule as well.

We're scheduled to play Oklahoma there next year, but that could be one of the games that goes to one of the new guys. If it turns out that we miss OU completely during the regular season next year, that could very well be one less conference loss and increase our chances of making the Championship game . . . which would increase our chance of winning the conference, so I might take a chance on losing $100 under those unique circumstances! ;)

Last edited:

LisaLT

Oklahoma +175
Texas +230
Oklahoma State +700
Baylor +700
TCU +1000
Kansas State +1500
Iowa State +1800
West Virginia +2500
Texas Tech +4000
Kansas +10000

In essence, the odds against the Frogs winning the conference are 10-1. So, if you placed a $100 bet with a sports book on the Frogs to win the Big 12 and they did win the title, the book would pay you $1,100. Your profit would thus be $1,000.
Are Kansas State and Iowa State really going to have that much drop off this year, I wonder? And UT having odds like that - with last year’s results? How much improved will they really be? OK lost a lot too so that is a wild card. I would think Okie State or (I hate to say it) Baylor would be strong contenders. I just hope we surprise the league and end up contenders too.

Froginbedford

Kendre Miller is going to finish in the top running for the Doak Walker Award and perhaps win it outright as Taye and Quentin loosen up defenses along with the feet of either/both Chandler and Max, thus leaving big running lanes for Kendre. Our offense will finish 3rd in the Big 12 and our defense will finish 4th, but the combo will be enough to get to the title game and we will win it this time.. This is going to be a very special year- we have some guys who can ball and they will be unleashed.
From your screen to God's eyes....

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Are Kansas State and Iowa State really going to have that much drop off this year, I wonder? And UT having odds like that - with last year’s results? How much improved will they really be? OK lost a lot too so that is a wild card. I would think Okie State or (I hate to say it) Baylor would be strong contenders. I just hope we surprise the league and end up contenders too.
Vegas gives UT good odds so all the faithful put money down because “they’re back” and then Vegas wins when they, indeed, are once again, not back.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass

Big 12 football: TCU is sleeper to win conference in 2022, analyst says

By AUSTIN NIVISON

The Big 12 is one of college football’s most unpredictable conferences in 2022. Every team has its fair share of questions, and that opens the door for a sleeper team to sneak into the conference title game and cause some chaos.

Bud Elliott of 247Sports recently laid out his sleeper pick for the Big 12 this fall, and he chose TCU to win the conference at +2200. With no real clear favorite in the Big 12, the Horned Frogs can make a statement in Sonny Dykes’ first year as head coach. Add in a favorable schedule, and TCU has a path to the conference championship game in December.

“This is a wild one ... because I don’t really know how you define who the favorite is in the Big 12,” Elliott said. “Is it Oklahoma under Brent Venables? Do we count on Texas to bounce back? Do we think Baylor will play to that level? Iowa State just lost a bunch of folks, as did Oklahoma State. I’m going TCU at more than 20-to-1, and here’s why. I think their offense will improve with Sonny Dykes. ..."

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/A...in-conference-in-2022-analyst-says-188844653/

The reason TCU should be a sleeper on everyone's chart is that Gary Patterson isn't the coach anymore, and his band of merry men are gone (but one).

Spike

Oklahoma +175
Texas +230
Oklahoma State +700
Baylor +700
TCU +1000
Kansas State +1500
Iowa State +1800
West Virginia +2500
Texas Tech +4000
Kansas +10000

I just might take that bet!

Virginia Frog

My plan is to wait until next year when the four new teams join. That will be the first year not everyone will get to play everyone else, so there will be some teams you miss. All the four new members seem to want to play OU and UT at least once before they leave, so the conference schedule will probably be loaded down with new members for both of them.
Not to be a schedule "hog" but the UT and OU games for '23 and '24 should ONLY go to the "lesser eight" (so-called.)

There is not good reason to award sellout games to the newbies. Remember, they're having to buy their way into our conference.

It's reasonable to expect one more home and away tilt with the "arrogant two" for all of us long-suffering and inferior fb programs.

Since the 12-team playoff will not be in play and there's no hope for a secondary (non-champion) playoff bid, it makes sense to play "the best" and not have the four newcomers eat the best meal on the menu.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Not to be a schedule "hog" but the UT and OU games for '23 and '24 should ONLY go to the "lesser eight" (so-called.)

There is not good reason to award sellout games to the newbies. Remember, they're having to buy their way into our conference.

It's reasonable to expect one more home and away tilt with the "arrogant two" for all of us long-suffering and inferior fb programs.

Since the 12-team playoff will not be in play and there's no hope for a secondary (non-champion) playoff bid, it makes sense to play "the best" and not have the four newcomers eat the best meal on the menu.
I would be pissed If we didn’t get to play either one and UCF, etc did.

Boomhauer

Think GSR said they’d likely be gone after this year anyway.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I like your optimism. But if all that happens you know GP’s head is going to explode down south.

82 Frog Fever

I really like your enthusiasm. That’s the way it used to be around here some years back.
I‘m getting there, but still need to see a couple games. Go Frogs!