• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Barkley discusses TCU commitment

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
8872778.jpg

247 Sports: Barkley discusses TCU commitment

By JEREMY CLARK

TCU has landed yet another commitment during a successful official visit weekend as Palomar College receiver Mikel Barkley has committed to the Frogs. Barkley announced the decision via his Twitter account on Tuesday night.

Barkley chose TCU for the way he feels he will be utilized by the Frogs and the fact early playing time is there for the taking.

"First off TCU has always been one of my dream schools. I chose TCU because of the opportunity I see with all of the receivers leaving. I know my strongest part of my game is my speed and I know they need that. They play many players my size and don’t dwell on size," he said. "I love that they are a private school as well. It’s also close to Florida where all of my family in Tallahassee can make some games. It’s also close to California where my friends are within distance and can also catch some games."

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/A...l-Barkley-discusses-TCU-commitment-126123370/

Brog

not sure how close to Florida or California we are but welcome to TCU and the BIG state of Texas.

Old story has it once a salesman was in El Paso when his boss in Chicago told him to go over to Texarkana and call on a prospective customer. Salesman replied to boss: You're closer than I am, send someone from there. (And a traveling poet put it like this: The sun has riz, the sun has set, and here we is in Texas yet.)

tcudoc

Old story has it once a salesman was in El Paso when his boss in Chicago told him to go over to Texarkana and call on a prospective customer. Salesman replied to boss: You're closer than I am, send someone from there. (And a traveling poet put it like this: The sun has riz, the sun has set, and here we is in Texas yet.)

Looked it up:
El Paso to Texarkana-812 miles
Chicago to Texarkana-793 miles

A fact I frequently share with my non Texan friends:
If you are in El Paso, you are closer to Los Angeles (802 miles) than you are to Beaumont (829 miles).

But yeah, we may want to encourage a geography class once this guy gets here. I guess "close" is a relative term.

Moose Stuff

Looked it up:
El Paso to Texarkana-812 miles
Chicago to Texarkana-793 miles

A fact I frequently share with my non Texan friends:
If you are in El Paso, you are closer to Los Angeles (802 miles) than you are to Beaumont (829 miles).

But yeah, we may want to encourage a geography class once this guy gets here. I guess "close" is a relative term.

Probably a total non issue but not sure there’s any upside to trying to prove that this kid is wrong about one of the reasons he chose TCU.

PO Frog

We can convince this kid that Fort Worth is close to California and Florida both, but we can't convince a DE or LB that we are better options than Kansas and UNLV? That don't make no sense.