• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: A possible change at starting QB for TCU?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
9406328.jpg

A possible change at starting QB for TCU?

By Jeremy Clark

TCU may have a switch in their quarterback rotation when the Frogs take on crosstown rival SMU on Saturday at Amon G. Carter Stadium.

In the first two games fifth-year senior grad transfer Alex Delton got the starts against Arkansas-Pine Bluff and Purdue. In both games true freshman Max Duggan entered the game on the third series.

Both played equally in the win over UAPB, but on the road at Purdue it was the freshman Duggan that saw most of the action. Out of the 14 possessions TCU had against the Boilermakers, Duggan was in on 11 of them. In fact, Delton didn’t take a snap in the second half.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/Change-quarterback-TCU-135707217/

Palliative Care

“Maybe. But, if we see a guy is in a rhythm and he’s moving the football and doing well then we stay with the guy,” he said. “We have to start games faster and we’ll see how practice goes this week and see how we need to determine that." CGP ??
This is how I define- driving me nutz!
I think this is an endorsement of Duggan but last week it was said that Delton had the better practices. So I think this means Duggan starts but who knows.

Limey Frog

I think it's important for Delton to keep getting reps, and even to start against teams that we ought to beat. I'd start him on Saturday and probably also vs. KU, because between injuries, helmets flying off, etc. He's going to need to be ready to play at any moment and you don't want him getting any rustier than he already looked during the first half at Purdue. He and these receivers have nowhere to go but up. BUT... Duggan is clearly the guy. That conversation is over.

Wexahu

I think it's important for Delton to keep getting reps, and even to start against teams that we ought to beat. I'd start him on Saturday and probably also vs. KU, because between injuries, helmets flying off, etc. He's going to need to be ready to play at any moment and you don't want him getting any rustier than he already looked during the first half at Purdue. He and these receivers have nowhere to go but up. BUT... Duggan is clearly the guy. That conversation is over.

If we’re gonna continue to split reps, give me Collins. He needs to be getting reps before Delton IMO, assuming he’s healthy of course. He showed he’s a capable player last year, why write him off?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The offense is better with Max. Don't mind him splitting some reps with Delton but he should get 3/4 of the snaps.

McGregor's Goat

I find it difficult to believe that Delton is the second best QB we have. I assume that Rogers is still less than physically ready; I'm not sure about the status of Baldwin and Collins. But it sounds like Collins and Baldwin will both be ready at some point this season, if not this week. We need a second QB other than Delton.

Purp

I find it difficult to believe that Delton is the second best QB we have. I assume that Rogers is still less than physically ready; I'm not sure about the status of Baldwin and Collins. But it sounds like Collins and Baldwin will both be ready at some point this season, if not this week. We need a second QB other than Delton.
I've gathered that JR is healthy. The thing holding him back is recognizing defenses and working through his progressions. Kid only played one year of high school football so in the last 3 years he's only played 1 and that as a junior in high school. He's got enormous potential, but has a long way to go on the learning curve. Based on everything we've ever seen about his work ethic and attitude I have no reason to believe he won't get there. He's just still very raw at this point and maybe not yet ready ahead of others.

WhatTheFrog

I hate threads like this. It basically says that we have a ton of talent at QB, but none of which are truly ready for primetime. If we wanna be a primetime team, we need a primetime QB.

Do we have a chance of being a better overall team next season? Is that what we're shooting for?