• The KillerFrogs

2314 has lesson to teach FOAP

2314@work

Contributor
Had 4 "little sizzler" sausage links, two bagel halves (equal to one bagel) and 2 scrambled eggs.
Total cost to 2314: 97 cents

4 little sizzlers: 42 cents total (12 in package that cost $1.25)
One bagel (2 halves): 25 cents (10 in package that cost $2.50)
2 eggs: 30 cents (8 in a package that cost $1.20)
Water: Free

Same breakfast would cost at least $8 at Denny's.

Do this FOAP, and you won't have to move in with a roommate like in college.

pcf

QUOTE(2314 @ May 1 2010, 12:14 PM) [snapback]553922[/snapback]
Had 4 "little sizzler" sausage links, two bagel halves (equal to one bagel) and 2 scrambled eggs.

I'll tell you what is cheap to make and versatile. Crepes. You can make a stack of them and refrigerate them. Smear some nutella or jam on them for a sweet breakfast or some cheese for something savory. Women think crepes are more impressive than pancakes.

You can also make a good breakfast sandwich with an english muffin, a scrambled egg microwaved in a shallow bowl about the size of the muffin for +-40 seconds, a slice of cheese, a slice of lunch meat and a mix of mayo and mustard.

PurpleBlood87

You two should have an Iron Chef style face off.

The secret ingredient is ENGLISH MUFFINS!

I say unto you in the words of my uncle: Allez cuisine!

BABYFACE

My main food staple in college was chips and hot sauce (we say hot sauce here in Texas instead of salsa) and beer. Another good cheap college meal with very little cooking knowledge is that make you a big pot of mexican rice and add ground beef, pork or chicken to the rice and that makes many a good meal and really goes good with the chips and hot sauce, especially the beer.

I kind of miss the good old simple days. Nah, not really. I grilled a couple prime NY strips over mesquite the other night. Yum!

pcf

QUOTE(PurpleBlood87 @ May 1 2010, 06:56 PM) [snapback]554040[/snapback]

English muffins are versatile. What sounds good now is a good spicy Italian sausage cooked with onion and mixed in with some eggs. I don't care what they say about eggs as a healthy food. I love eggs at any meal.

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(pcf @ May 1 2010, 08:43 PM) [snapback]554056[/snapback]
English muffins are versatile. What sounds good now is a good spicy Italian sausage cooked with onion and mixed in with some eggs. I don't care what they say about eggs as a healthy food. I love eggs at any meal.

I like to get a Breakfast Bob at Whataburger and have them sub the scrambled eggs for the taquitos instead of the fried egg.

Frog_Fan71

QUOTE(PurpleBlood87 @ May 1 2010, 07:56 PM) [snapback]554040[/snapback]

Wouldn't that be Engirish Muffins? We are talking about the "Original" Iron Chef, yes? Not the bastagized version. That show helped make The Food Network famous. Chairman Kaga, not Morimoto, was the man!

MO Frogs

QUOTE(pcf @ May 1 2010, 11:58 PM) [snapback]554022[/snapback]
I'll tell you what is cheap to make and versatile. Crepes. You can make a stack of them and refrigerate them. Smear some nutella or jam on them for a sweet breakfast or some cheese for something savory. Women think crepes are more impressive than pancakes.

You can also make a good breakfast sandwich with an english muffin, a scrambled egg microwaved in a shallow bowl about the size of the muffin for +-40 seconds, a slice of cheese, a slice of lunch meat and a mix of mayo and mustard.

You make my a$$ twitch
image30.jpg

Shoot. If you cook a bag of lentils, throw in a cut up onion, a small amount of ham, a potato, salt and pepper, you have 4-5 hearty, high protein, low fat meals. It'll cost maybe $2.50, which comes to about 55 cents a meal, and a hell of a lot more filling and healthy than a sausage and a bagel.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(BABYFACE @ May 1 2010, 08:05 PM) [snapback]554045[/snapback]
I grilled a couple prime NY strips over mesquite the other night. Yum!

:mellow:
When I move to Aledo in July I am hanging out at your place every night :tongue:

frogs9497

QUOTE(2314 @ May 1 2010, 01:14 PM) [snapback]553922[/snapback]

I see your point, but if we're splitting hairs, you must also include the cost to wash utensils or cost of disposable utensils.

... and perhaps the gas/electricity to prepare said meal. And don't forget napkins, salt, pepper, etc.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(frogs9497 @ May 1 2010, 10:10 PM) [snapback]554109[/snapback]
I see your point, but if we're splitting hairs, you must also include the cost to wash utensils or cost of disposable utensils.

... and perhaps the gas/electricity to prepare said meal.

cost to wash utensils - 8 cents
electricity to prepare said meal - 25 cents

Total cost - $1.30

2314 wins!

BABYFACE

QUOTE(2314 @ May 1 2010, 09:42 PM) [snapback]554089[/snapback]
When I move to Aledo in July I am hanging out at your place every night :tongue:

It is simple. Since Costco starting carrying prime cuts, I can afford it more than I used to.

Since you bring up Aledo, my parents place is the one to be at. They are always cooking some seafood or beef they get from Central Market.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(BABYFACE @ May 1 2010, 11:41 PM) [snapback]554136[/snapback]
It is simple. Since Costco starting carrying prime cuts, I can afford it more than I used to.

Since you bring up Aledo, my parents place is the one to be at. They are always cooking some seafood or beef they get from Central Market.

You'll have to let me throw in on some steaks.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(2314 @ May 1 2010, 01:14 PM) [snapback]553922[/snapback]

LOL. Oh 2314. I can't even respond to this post without hurting your feelings. Have fun in your 1 bedroom apartment brah.

tcumaniac

QUOTE(2314 @ May 1 2010, 09:42 PM) [snapback]554089[/snapback]

dude where do you live now?

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ May 2 2010, 12:21 AM) [snapback]554141[/snapback]
LOL. Oh 2314. I can't even respond to this post without hurting your feelings. Have fun in your 1 bedroom apartment brah.

FOAP, dude, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I would rather be living ALONE in my one-bedroom than living like a homo like you with another dude.
I hope to gosh you wear pajamas to bed in case your boyfriend gets drunk and crawls into the wrong bed. :laugh:

Spike

QUOTE(2314 @ May 2 2010, 03:12 AM) [snapback]554110[/snapback]
cost to wash utensils - 8 cents
electricity to prepare said meal - 25 cents

Total cost - $1.30

2314 wins!

You forgot to include your carbon footprint in the equation.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Spike @ May 2 2010, 10:17 AM) [snapback]554209[/snapback]
You forgot to include your carbon footprint in the equation.

What would Spike do?