• The KillerFrogs

2024 Recruiting Thread

82 Frog Fever

Briles doesn’t have a history of recruiting good QBs since Baylor.

Are you saying Hejny is a better passer than Hawkins?

Isn’t Aledo the school that recruits kids and beats up on a really weak division? They got whipped by Denton Guyer for a reason.
That’s actually a good question.
I believe Hawkins has a higher velocity and quicker release, but Hejny has better ball placement on mid to deep throws.

’22–‘23. Compl. %. Yds. Avg. TDs
Hawkins. 147-263 55.9%. 2,024. 13.8. 20
—-Hejny. 117-187. 62.5%. 2,094. 17.9. 20

’22--‘23. Rushing. Yds. Avg. TDs
Hawkins. 77. 409. 5.3. 3
—Hejny. 122. 1,276. 10.5 15

Hejny stacks up quite well, but he is more like a KJ Jefferson than a Hawkins.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

That’s actually a good question.
I believe Hawkins has a higher velocity and quicker release, but Hejny has better ball placement on mid to deep throws.

’22–‘23. Compl. %. Yds. Avg. TDs
Hawkins. 147-263 55.9%. 2,024. 13.8. 20
—-Hejny. 117-187. 62.5%. 2,094. 17.9. 20

’22--‘23. Rushing. Yds. Avg. TDs
Hawkins. 77. 409. 5.3. 3
—Hejny. 122. 1,276. 10.5 15

Hejny stacks up quite well, but he is more like a KJ Jefferson than a Hawkins.
KJ Jefferson is like 6'3" 240 lbs

82 Frog Fever

KJ Jefferson is like 6'3" 240 lbs
I was really referring more about playing styles than physical features.
In terms of playing KJ is a very high percentage passer who looks to run 10 to 15 times a game. If you have to have similar physical features, I guess Deriq King would also be a Briles QB out of that mold.
Hawkins can run when he needs to, but he‘s not really looking to rip off big plays and beat you with his legs.

Eight

Enlighten me - what other team in their division even has D1 scholarship players?

1 other team? Maybe 2-3 tops?
L2dpcGh5LmdpZg.gif

Should we accept this request to fawn over him as normal and expected behavior in the recruiting landscape, and that it is not a red flag, or is this request to fawn, narcissistic and it would be wise to move on from this prospect.
If a character comparison, does this upgrade Hejny compared to Hawkins, or does TCU just write this off as no big deal, and not read anything into this fawning request; it being an innocuous product of the recruiting environment and not testimony of his real character; he is still just a kid that needs some coaching. Don’t judge, they are just kids.

Am I completely off base here, not understanding recruiting and Instagram and what this is all about. To me, this appears to be another ill of the social media age, affecting the young.

Last edited:

Eight

Should we accept this request to fawn over him as normal and expected behavior in the recruiting landscape, and that it is not a red flag, or is this request to fawn, narcissistic and it would be wise to move on from this prospect.
If a character comparison, does this upgrade Hejny compared to Hawkins, or does TCU just right this off as no big deal, Hawkins being a product of the recruiting landscape environment and TCU should not read anything into this fawning request. It not being testimony of his real character, he is still just a kid that needs some coaching. Don’t judge, they are just kids.

Am I completely off base here, not understanding recruiting and Instagram and what this is all about? To me, this appears to be another ill of the social media age, affecting the young.

think you are right on all the questions you asked

the hope for me in the recruiting process is briles, dykes, other staff members in contact know if this is a young man having fun or something that might indeed a red flag

no stone thrown intentionally at hawkins, he has grown up in a world where this is not only common place but a means for some to "fame" and some money

82 Frog Fever

If a character comparison, does this upgrade Hejny compared to Hawkins, or does TCU just right this off as no big deal, Hawkins being a product of the recruiting landscape environment and TCU should not read anything into this fawning request. It not being testimony of his real character, he is still just a kid that needs some coaching. Don’t judge, they are just kids.

Am I completely off base here, not understanding recruiting and Instagram and what this is all about. To me, this appears to be another ill of the social media age, affecting the young.
Great post!!
I thought the same thing when I saw his post last week, especially since his dad played at OU, his brother committed, & Michael just visited again.
But, to be honest, I‘d be doing a happy dance if he committed to TCU.
Just hoping OU‘s stacked QB room may at least get him to consider how good his opportunities might be right here.

Tony Lema

Ticket Exchange Pass
This young man, Hauss Hejny from Aledo, is one of the top 10 dual threat QBs for ‘24
He is currently a solid Duke commit, but KB is recruiting him hard. Hauss was on campus Tuesday with Kendal, and has plans to return to watch spring practice.
His dad was a TCU fb player and his family are all TCU fans.
He has a very good arm and runs a 4.45 sec. 40.
Really hope we can flip this kid.

Jim Brock (for all you old guys) would never forget this kid's name.