• The KillerFrogs

2023 Recruiting Thread

Palliative Care

Jordan Lester makes quick reads, closes on the receiver or ball carrier very fast, and has a nose for the ball. As a safety he could add some muscle and be a star at the next level.

TCUWIN

A little side-note about the Lester commit. Although his name has been added to the Commit List on 247, he hasn't been evaluated by them yet and hasn't been awarded any "points" to add to TCU's point total!
So the question is: does he lose points or pounds since he committed! Either way, great pickup!

HornyWartyToad

IF he makes it to campus, by the time he would be playing they will not be in our conference anyhow. I'm sure this commitment was with that perspective in mind.
I get that, my feelings about him had less to do with worry about him beating us, more to do with a perpetual desire to see all things UT-related end up in horrible disappointment for them.

LisaLT

I get that, my feelings about him had less to do with worry about him beating us, more to do with a perpetual desire to see all things UT-related end up in horrible disappointment for them.
yes - agreed. I would assume that the Manning family has high expectations. If UT underperforms this year, that might do it. Can't imagine this kid will stay committed to a program doing 5-7, 6-6 or even 8-4 and headed into the SEC where it will be much harder to compete. Would not be shocked if this one decommits.

HornyWartyToad

yes - agreed. I would assume that the Manning family has high expectations. If UT underperforms this year, that might do it. Can't imagine this kid will stay committed to a program doing 5-7, 6-6 or even 8-4 and headed into the SEC where it will be much harder to compete. Would not be shocked if this one decommits.
They must have done a hell of a sales pitch. . . Was/is hard for me to understand a guy in his position choosing anybody but Bama- Knowing he'd be throwing to NFL receivers and RBs, and protected by NFL linemen, and coached by a great staff.

Palliative Care

I wonder if he is smart enough to be a great QB if he chose UT. Actually the reason QB’s chose Texas is that some day with all that money and high spending they are bound to break even at 6-6 and maybe be 7-5 in the Big 12. There is no telling how “high” they can go in the SEC.

Eight

not as if the manning has ever made a decision to force where a member of the family plays football

McFroggin

They must have done a hell of a sales pitch. . . Was/is hard for me to understand a guy in his position choosing anybody but Bama- Knowing he'd be throwing to NFL receivers and RBs, and protected by NFL linemen, and coached by a great staff.

With NIL, he will transfer to the highest bidder next year. Won’t play a down at UT.