• The KillerFrogs

2023 Recruiting Thread

Palliative Care

We will see how this all shakes out. Bring players with talent is the first step. It takes time to learn a new offense and defense so this plus many new guys means wait and see for me.

Eight

We will see how this all shakes out. Bring players with talent is the first step. It takes time to learn a new offense and defense so this plus many new guys means wait and see for me.
agree, though i think the defensive guys will get up to speed the fastest

a number of those returning don't have to forget what they have been taught the past few years because they sure as heck didn't know what they were supposed to do on defensive last season

Palliative Care

I agree that the defense will be ahead of the offense initially. As long as the offensive line comes around then they will score points. It will be a matter of how many points and when in the game. Getting ahead and staying ahead rather than coming from behind gives the defense an edge. One thing about SMU the last few years is they seemed to fade late in the season. Their offense was really good early but it lost its punch later. I do not know why.

asleep003

I agree that the defense will be ahead of the offense initially. As long as the offensive line comes around then they will score points. It will be a matter of how many points and when in the game. Getting ahead and staying ahead rather than coming from behind gives the defense an edge. One thing about SMU the last few years is they seemed to fade late in the season. Their offense was really good early but it lost its punch later. I do not know why.
Probly depth had an influence...

Palliative Care

Agreed lack of depth makes losers out of potential champions not that SMU was that. But when you are the little guy depth is always a problem. So keep digging up portal talent guys we need all we can get!

asleep003

Agreed lack of depth makes losers out of potential champions not that SMU was that. But when you are the little guy depth is always a problem. So keep digging up portal talent guys we need all we can get!
Curious to how many scholly slots are avail for digging up portal talent, as the #s that have left are similar to the incoming #s. Though we had a small recruiting class... we also had a small graduating class.

Toad Jones

With the changes with NIL, does this allow coach's more freedom with teaching techniques in the off season?

Announced yesterday all schools in the Big 12 recv'd 42 million in tv money.

Atomic Frawg

Last edited:

Eight

very, very nice

this might mean nothing in regards to the type of prospect young mr powers is or his future potential, but the very first thing i notice watching his highlight is how a high school offensive line coach has gotten four offensive linemen to sync when they set and the frogs have struggled to get guys to work together in pass pro and double teams at the point of attack

granted, de lasalle is not the typical high school program, but damn​

Last edited:

Palliative Care

I would say that we must be handling the NIL situation to be getting these commitments now. Later schools may selectively offer more to our commits. However, each person we offer must fit into an acceptable range, if you tip the scale too much too often for individuals then you lose your consistency and the faith with those who have committed already. It is a tricky game. Play it well you can win big. Throwing money around for the sack of looking like big state U could ruin your credibility.

Eight

Have we ever had this many commits this early? Serious question, just seems like we are getting people interested early.

can't recall this many early commits

not sure if that is a matter of preference by sonny , a better job by the staff, the impact of the nil as mentioned by palliative, or some other reasons

both tech and and tcu seem to be taking advantage of new staffs who have some emphasis on recruiting as well telling a story with nothing but positives right now as be neither staff has actually coached a game yet

Palliative Care

Moving to TCU meant that Dykes did not have to introduce himself to area recruits and HS coaches which is a plus. Like it or not turning SMU around makes turning us around more salable too. Dykes is hitting all the “can do “ buttons for now. If wonder how much better he can be with a significant number of wins this season?

Froggish

very, very nice

this might mean nothing in regards to the type of prospect young mr powers is or his future potential, but the very first thing i notice watching his highlight is how a high school offensive line coach has gotten four offensive linemen to sync when they set and the frogs have struggled to get guys to work together in pass pro and double teams at the point of attack

granted, de lasalle is not the typical high school program, but damn​
Seems pretty athletic for an OT. Most believe he projects on the interior do to limited arm length. I also like that he’s on the lighter side as Kaz won’t have to spend a lot of time pulling the bad weight off of him.

Latest posts