• The KillerFrogs

2023 Recruiting Thread

One Frog Nation

I look at it differently. The huge schools that stockpile starsies create a problem for themselves in that they have so much talent on hand they don't know what to do with it all. Texas, in particular, continually has top rated recruiting classes, but can't translate it to the on-field product. That manifests itself most prominently at the QB position where the pressure is so great to show immediate results that nobody gets a chance to develop. They continue to get the High School QBs everybody wants, and probably always will.
Georgia has had a really nice handful of transfer QBs that have gone on to do well elsewhere, but none of those other teams you listed have.
You can't develop as a college qb without reps. And at UT, if you don't produce early and win constantly, you don't get the reps. So they've had a ton of guys come through there who had the talent, but never got the opportunity to develop because the fan base and the big donors who run the program demand that the next shiny toy waiting in the wings gets the starting job. . . Wash, rinse, repeat.
SO- What I believe that means in terms of the QB portal is, Texas has had, and will continue to have, QBs who have abundant talent but can't see the field and wind up being developed elsewhere into top-tier College QBs and in some cases NFL QBs. So to me, it's a really attractive talent pool to mine at that position.
I agree, remember a few years ago when 3 A$M QBs all left? Mad about playing time. Too many stars and didn't pick one so they all left.

An-Cap Frog

I know things. But I'm not talking. All I'll say is "Whoa!"
Tv Show Wow GIF by Mayim Bialik