• The KillerFrogs

2023 Recruiting Thread

Eight

Looks like he is good enough to play on either side of the ball. Where does he project? DT or O-Line?

he wants to start on the defensive side of the ball so there first and he does project to that bigger defensive end tcu needs to anchor the front, especially when they slide that defender down between the guard and tackle

if he doesn't make it there he would easily be the highest rated offensive line prospect they have signed if 2-3 years

he isn't a guy they have to "grow" into the position. needs to be be developed, go through the s&c program, but he naturally is carrying the frame and size

moose nailed it earlier that they have and are bringing in some very exciting young talent along the defensive line which was sorely needed

Eight

A HUGE “get”.

ali has solidified then center of that offensive line literally and figuratively and really opened up the inside run game

think the back up center who transferred in has flown under the radar, but will be big next year and read they hope cooper powers can handle that position as well

Nick Danger

Well, the Horns might have one or two last-minute pick-ups, but Baylor and Tech haven't had any new commits since late summer, while TCU still has several potential pick-ups (including a couple of Juco's they've recently offered), so the Frogs could very well increase their lead over the rest of the Big-12 (including all four of the newcomers). Although they won't catch Texas or Oklahoma, their classes won't really affect the Big-12 anymore (until they enter the Portal anyway)!

It also looks like there are several Official Visits set up for the 9th and 11th of December, with 4-Star Harrison-Pilot and 4-Star CJ Blocker coming in on the 9th, and a Juco CB, Channing Canada, from Trinity Valley C.C. scheduled for Sunday the 11th.
(Updated 11/23)

Last edited:

Nick Danger

Looks like the Frog coaching staff is focusing on shoring up the defensive backfield in this recruiting class. In addition to several safeties already committed, they had previously offered two Juco corner backs, one of which is scheduled to take an OV on December 11th (see above). Now they've recently offered a third CB, 4-Star CJ Blocker from New Caney, Tx. He just de-committed from Utah, and he will be taking an official visit to TCU on December 9th (along with Harrison-Pilot)!

Last edited:

Eight

Looks like the Frog coaching staff is focusing on shoring up the defensive backfield in this recruiting class. In addition to several safeties already committed, they had previously offered two Juco corner backs, one of which is scheduled to take an OV on December 11th (see above). Now they've recently offered a third CB, 4-Star CJ Blocker from New Caney, Tx. He just de-committed from Utah, and he will be taking an official visit to TCU on December 9th (along with Harrison-Pilot)!

blocker is a great looking prospect and as much as i would love to see them flip thomas from soc, if they want blocker that is enough for me

makes sense when you look at the depth chart. tht and daniels are gone after this year leaving newton and stewart (who has had some injury issues in the past)

ish has played corner some, but it sounds like they would like to keep him at safety if possible which leaves you with jenkins (rs-so.), covington (rs-fr), and the true frosh chambers (6 games so far) as the only other "experienced" corners though jenkins and covington haven't played since early in the year

don't know if that is because of injury or something else, but i wouldn't be surprised to see the staff take another freshman and a juco corner

before lvh chimes in about having enough scholarships i do think we will see more turnover of the roster this year than last year

Last edited:

Eight

won't happen, but i wouldn't mind the frogs picking up two 4-stars from new caney which still sounds really strange to me when i consider at one time new caney was one of the very worst football programs in the houston area

CountryFrog

We’re gonna close the early period VERY well. Take it to the bank.
Not saying you're wrong because I have no idea but I feel like we were told this last year and it didn't come to fruition to the level expected.

That obviously doesn't mean it won't happen this year though. Different kids and a VERY different situation with the way this season has gone.

H-Town Frog

won't happen, but i wouldn't mind the frogs picking up two 4-stars from new caney which still sounds really strange to me when i consider at one time new caney was one of the very worst football programs in the houston area
But they did have a QB, a big boy, that went to ut for a couple of years before he decided that baseball was his sport.

OICU812

We’re gonna close the early period VERY well. Take it to the bank.
I don’t even try to keep up with recruiting any more, but that won’t keep me from having a very scrong opinion about this: HS kids mostly have the attention span of a gnat. And NOBODY in CFB this year has more cachet than TCU.