• The KillerFrogs

2023 Recruiting Thread

Palliative Care

While the the NIL has leveled the playing field to a degree, I think this staff and their selling of TCU is being handled well. Recruiting is about establishing a relationship with the recruit as much or more than anything else. This shows up here in multiple interviews.

asleep003

If Carroll does commit as expected, that will move us up four spots to 21st (207.33 points), and closing in on Tech and Baylor ahead of us at 17th and 16th respectively.
Also there are several more large programs that have many more players to recruit and we'll be lucky to finish in the top 30 ... which is fine with me

An-Cap Frog

We were 5-7 because our defense quit and sucked. It was not our QB play.
I didn't say otherwise, but we haven't seen 10-wins seasons in some time because of misses at the QB position. Big picture here...if our QB hit rate is not good, how many QBs do we need to bring in to make sure that a drought does not happen again?

Nick Danger

Seems like our recruiting efforts for this year have gone into hibernation. We haven't had a commitment in a while, nor has there been any word of visits of any sort, camps, flips, portal activities, or new offers. I realize the coaching staff is focusing on getting the season off to a good start, but are we done with high school recruiting for this year (22/23), or are we still waiting on any late-breaking commits?

In the past we would always have large groups of recruits attending the home games, plus a constant stream of new offers, all the way up into January! Is the eerie quiet just because we're in a normal dead period, or are we living in a Strange New World of Portals and a new coaching staff,?

Eight

Seems like our recruiting efforts for this year have gone into hibernation. We haven't had a commitment in a while, nor has there been any word of visits of any sort, camps, flips, portal activities, or new offers. I realize the coaching staff is focusing on getting the season off to a good start, but are we done with high school recruiting for this year (22/23), or are we still waiting on any late-breaking commits?

In the past we would always have large groups of recruits attending the home games, plus a constant stream of new offers, all the way up into January! Is the eerie quiet just because we're in a normal dead period, or are we living in a Strange New World of Portals and a new coaching staff,?

remember that college kids aren't the only ones going through practices preparing for an upcoming season

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Our last commit was 11 days ago. Texas last commit was 13 days ago. OU 10 days. Baylor 16. Tech 10. We are fine.

82 Frog Fever

Has anyone heard anything on Markis Deal?
I know some people believed he was going to UT, but I don’t think Markis ever made a final decision.
Might be in our favor if it drags out.

Eight

Has anyone heard anything on Markis Deal?
I know some people believed he was going to UT, but I don’t think Markis ever made a final decision.
Might be in our favor if it drags out.

other than ricker, mcfarland, and carrington are hitting him hard and heavy with the "we just want you to be a frog, you can pick the side of the ball ptich etc..." not much

my biggest fear is not texas, but a big school from outside who swoops in, but that is more a feeling than any real knowledge which has never stopped me before

do think the frogs showing some improvement physically under kaz and going toe to toe with texas, ou, etc.... wouldn't hurt us at all

asleep003

wait...........tech got a commit ten days and tcu was ELEVEN days ago??????

sonny is getting his arse kicked by tech in recruiting and we don't even have the ability to set up a bake sale to raise money to help turn this tide
Very little reason for panic....

Toad Jones

Recently told by a recent P-5 coach. Re: stars. It's a little different now than three years ago.
(1) a three star is listed or thought as a development player. Needs aprox a yr and a half year to become a player. Weight rm, meetings, fill the space between the ears. Also it is up to the three star to make a place for himself.
(2) a four star needs some time in the weight room and understand his role on the team
(3) a five star is a contributor now and in the scheme of things, a starter. HE'S Just waiting for a chance and knows when to take that chance. Probably nfl material.

That begs the question, what about a two star? a long road a head, most likely to play in a lower league. A one star, 99.9% against him.
Question: Are the kids today that much better than three years ago? . YOU BET, Gifted, talented, athletic and a motor to match. Five stars are the stars today and the pro player tomorrow. Oh...just a few years ago, we were saying..we take a two star and turn him into a five star. That's frighting that thought! Today you'll get better odds at a vegas crap table with those stars.

Also heard today and a fact. Since Saban has been at Alabama, his recruits have earned over a billion dollars from the NFL as a player. (BTW Saban earns 11 million and considering the millions he makes for UofA and the city, under paid.

That is a head shaker but think about that for a moment. Ck his record as conference winner and national champion team in the US and it becomes pretty clear what 5 stars and a few four can do for a team. If your looking to make big bucks, it becomes clear where to consider destinatrion.

BTW this fellow I was chating with said, kids going to college will earn a salary and a pretty good one before long.

Eight

Recently told by a recent P-5 coach. Re: stars. It's a little different now than three years ago.
(1) a three star is listed or thought as a development player. Needs aprox a yr and a half year to become a player. Weight rm, meetings, fill the space between the ears. Also it is up to the three star to make a place for himself.
(2) a four star needs some time in the weight room and understand his role on the team
(3) a five star is a contributor now and in the scheme of things, a starter. HE'S Just waiting for a chance and knows when to take that chance. Probably nfl material.

That begs the question, what about a two star? a long road a head, most likely to play in a lower league. A one star, 99.9% against him.
Question: Are the kids today that much better than three years ago? . YOU BET, Gifted, talented, athletic and a motor to match. Five stars are the stars today and the pro player tomorrow. Oh...just a few years ago, we were saying..we take a two star and turn him into a five star. That's frighting that thought! Today you'll get better odds at a vegas crap table with those stars.

Also heard today and a fact. Since Saban has been at Alabama, his recruits have earned over a billion dollars from the NFL as a player. (BTW Saban earns 11 million and considering the millions he makes for UofA and the city, under paid.

That is a head shaker but think about that for a moment. Ck his record as conference winner and national champion team in the US and it becomes pretty clear what 5 stars and a few four can do for a team. If your looking to make big bucks, it becomes clear where to consider destinatrion.

BTW this fellow I was chating with said, kids going to college will earn a salary and a pretty good one before long.

200.gif